Is Ally the Man for the job? - The McCoist Thread

I am not an Ally Basher but our European disaster last season can certainly be laid at his feet. He had the whole of the summer stop to go on holiday but went to Portugal on holiday when Rangers should have started training and most teams in the champions league had already started training. Even worse I believe Maribor and Malmo were well into their season already. I have seen Rangers under Walter and Ally playing pre-season in Germany and was totally embarrassed. Walking on to the park in bath slippers and sauntering about as if they are playing a game on the beach at Butlins. I couldn't believe it to be honest.

Very true. Pre-season was a fiasco last year and the European exits were an utter disgrace.

Ally is indeed a great guy, Rangers legend, etc but he was 100% responsible for what amounted to our two most humiliating Euro results.

Very true. Pre-season was a fiasco last year and the European exits were an utter disgrace.

Ally is indeed a great guy, Rangers legend, etc but he was 100% responsible for what amounted to our two most humiliating Euro results.

We do have all these others to choose from:

Górnik Zabrze       Pol     Glasgow Rangers      Sco     3-1     3-1
AS Saint-Ã?tienne    Fra     Glasgow Rangers      Sco     2-0     2-1
Glasgow Rangers     Sco     FC Zürich            Sui     1-1     0-1
Glasgow Rangers     Sco     FC Twente Enschede   Ned     0-0     0-3
Dukla Praha         TCH     Glasgow Rangers      Sco     3-0     1-2
Glasgow Rangers     Sco     Osasuna              Esp     1-0     0-2
Glasgow Rangers     Sco     Levski Sofia         Bul     3-2     1-2
AEK Athens          Gre     Glasgow Rangers      Sco     2-0     1-0
Grasshoppers Zürich Sui     Glasgow Rangers      Sco     3-0     1-2
IFK Göteborg        Swe     Glasgow Rangers      Sco     3-0     1-1
Glasgow Rangers     Sco     FC Kaiserslautern    Ger     1-0     0-3
Glasgow Rangers     Sco     Fenerbahçe           Tur     0-0     1-2
Viktoria Zizkov     Cze     Glasgow Rangers      Sco     2-0     1-3
Maritimo Funchal    Por     Glasgow Rangers      Sco     1-0     0-1
Glasgow Rangers     Sco     AJ Auxerre           Fra     0-2     2-2
Glasgow Rangers     Sco     Petrzalka Bratislava Svk     0-0     2-2
Glasgow Rangers     Sco     Osasuna              Esp     1-1     0-1
Glasgow Rangers     Sco     FBK Kaunas           Lit     0-0     1-2
Glasgow Rangers     Sco     Unirea Urziceni      Rom     1-4     1-1

It would seem that pointing out that somebody is crap at their job means you hate them LoL. :)

No but after 102 pages of the same thing it definetly points to a strong disliking , no , lol

No but after 102 pages of the same thing it definetly points to a strong disliking , no , lol

No mate I love Ally he's a great Rangers legend and a great person and always will be, but he's a crap manager and should step aside and let somebody else take the club forward.

Guest Loyalblue65

I loved super ally as a player but Im starting to have my doubts.We seem to be having the same problems week in week out especially away. You would think he would get us sorted at the back where we're wide open and also start with a higher tempo. I hope Im proved wrong and super goes on to be a legend as a manager but i think he needs to be tougher.

Not at all, I love Ally and all he's done for our club on and off the park, i'd love him to be great Rangers manager and it hurts to say that I don't think he can.

This is it for me in a nutshell. I desperately want for him to become a Rangers managerial legend too. But I certainly have my doubts, as most of us probably do.

I mean.... there were plenty who doubted Walter even AFTER he delivered success, so it is no surprise there are doubts about Ally.

Not at all, I love Ally and all he's done for our club on and off the park, i'd love him to be great Rangers manager and it hurts to say that I don't think he can.

This is it for me in a nutshell. I desperately want for him to become a Rangers managerial legend too. But I certainly have my doubts, as most of us probably do.

I mean.... there were plenty who doubted Walter even AFTER he delivered success, so it is no surprise there are doubts about Ally.