Is Ally the Man for the job? - The McCoist Thread

“We need stability and unity — and that includes getting behind Ally.

He gets it!

It would take an absolute catastrophe - like, a run of Stirling results x @ 3-5 - to make the upheaval caused by sacking Ally worth it. Long term, I'm less than convinced he's in the right job, but for just now there's no benefit to putting the club into more disorder.

The fans squawking is fine, it's what we do. But you don't want to see the club itself doing the same.

He gets it!

It would take an absolute catastrophe - like, a run of Stirling results x @ 3-5 - to make the upheaval caused by sacking Ally worth it. Long term, I'm less than convinced he's in the right job, but for just now there's no benefit to putting the club into more disorder.

The fans squawking is fine, it's what we do. But you don't want to see the club itself doing the same.

yes their is a benefit. right now players are loosing out on vital development and the clubs loosing cash. the ramsden cup loss probably cost half a million and who knows how many people are staying away from games.

even you say he's probably got to go. well when something's got to go then its should go asap.

nothing is gained by waiting and much is lost.

The crowd for our next home league game will see a substantial drop in people attending. The honeymoon period is well and truly over!

I still think the fans will give their backing to the team home and away for most of the season if not all. We might see a small drop now and again (bad weather or holidays) but we will still get over 45k for most home games IMO. Only time will tell :)

my take on the situation is this come the end of the season after we get promotion mr green will move the manager and his coaches on and bring in new coaches for the season ahead bearing in mind he will want to shift as many season tickets as possible so the new man will have to be able to talk the talk and walk the walk .

He's walking a tightrope, get rid too early, the fans will turn on him. He has shares to sell, so can't afford that.

but the flip side of that is....He replaces McCoist, and team performance improves - share sales will increase....