Is Ally the Man for the job? - The McCoist Thread

At a club so highly emotional and close to peoples hard it is difficult to distinguish between people who show commitment and love for the club and people who do their job right. While it is essential to have the first indeed, it is also bloody important to have the latter. I'm getting a feeling that being commited to the club and being a Rangers man is set above ability and performance at the moment.

Was going to put this in the 'wee daft facts' thread, but it would have got merged into 'The McCoist Thread' - so it belongs here.

Rangers have 12 points from 7 games.

In this millennium (13 seasons) this low points total has only ever been achieved ONCE before......PLG in 2006-07.

Alarm bells?

• 2 weeks later...

Don't think Ally managed today very well.

I cannot see why Black was left on the pitch when his head had clearly gone.

Anyone see him 'let' the ball go out so the physio could come on? He didn't mean that! The guy was miles away today with his victim mentality, which, to be fair, is merited.

As long as he's there I'll back him but in passing, reading about Edgar Davids going to Barnet or somewhere like that, it did occur that we maybe missed a trick there.

Don't think Ally managed today very well.

I cannot see why Black was left on the pitch when his head had clearly gone.

Anyone see him 'let' the ball go out so the physio could come on? He didn't mean that! The guy was miles away today with his victim mentality, which, to be fair, is merited.

As long as he's there I'll back him but in passing, reading about Edgar Davids going to Barnet or somewhere like that, it did occur that we maybe missed a trick there.

i was going off my nut when that happened. black had a stinker, but so did most of players, again.

davids only went to barnet because he lives around the corner from their ground. he was also lucky not be sent off after 15 mins of his debut last night.

as ally said in this mornings paper , short of hitting them over the head with an axe and putting an envelope in i'm not sure what more i can do .

makes me wonder if a change might be needed .

yet another admission from him that he cannot improve the team or sort the players out. he said something similar last week. disgraceful sound bites from him. clearly out his depth and losing the plot.