Is Ally the Man for the job? - The McCoist Thread

Your question makes it sound like playing good football is easy. That being the case then you'd expect at least a third of the Scottish league teams to be doing it. So which 14 teams should we be emulating? Maybe we could watch them on the telly and see how we should be playing. We can't expect Barcelona but we can perhaps expect to be in the top third of Scottish football. So what's the list of teams that are the exemplars?

zzzzzzzzzzzz. yes it is easy. we dont have to emulate anyone. if we do it right, teams will be emulating us, the way teams all over the world try and emulate your barcelonas, man utds and domestically speaking, celtic.

Your question makes it sound like playing good football is easy. That being the case then you'd expect at least a third of the Scottish league teams to be doing it. So which 14 teams should we be emulating? Maybe we could watch them on the telly and see how we should be playing. We can't expect Barcelona but we can perhaps expect to be in the top third of Scottish football. So what's the list of teams that are the exemplars?

it is very easy. so far just about every small team we have played play much better football than us.

you want 14 teams well their are at least 30 playing better football than us.

Yes we have new foreign players.

Yes we have young players.

Yes we have players who are inexperienced against this kind of football.

But where are the signs of improvement, we should by now be seeing how Ally wants the team to play, type of football, what formation, there is no philosophy about what way we are progressing as a football team.

You have to think it is beyond Allys capabilities as a coach and manager.

Yes we have new foreign players.

Yes we have young players.

Yes we have players who are inexperienced against this kind of football.

But where are the signs of improvement, we should by now be seeing how Ally wants the team to play, type of football, what formation, there is no philosophy about what way we are progressing as a football team.

You have to think it is beyond Allys capabilities as a coach and manager.

Nail on head.

There's no excuses left for him. These players and coaches train together 4-7 days a week for a minimum of 4 hours a day I think it's safe to say?

That's a lot of man hours. As you say we should have at least two solid team shapes that Ally can order the players to shape themselves into from the sidelines.

Football is the easiest game in the world, if you can pass the ball to someone in your own team and work hard good things will happen.

We shouldn't be emulating anyone we are Rangers and should be leading the way.

Why do you feel the need to be so condescending all the time when somebody thinks a little different from you?

After Saturday, I cannot defend Ali any longer.

His tactics were dreadful. I cannot believe he watched 45 minutes with no-one on the right side of midfield. It was amateurish.

I am sick of hearing it is the players fault.

We should be putting out attacking teams and taking the game to them.

I thought the atmosphere was flat (apart from BF1).

Ali needs to look to the management team and take responsibility or he will find he is no longer in a job.

I am not yet calling for his head but his negative tactics must change.

Nail on head.

There's no excuses left for him. These players and coaches train together 4-7 days a week for a minimum of 4 hours a day I think it's safe to say?

That's a lot of man hours. As you say we should have at least two solid team shapes that Ally can order the players to shape themselves into from the sidelines.

Training at Auchenhowie lasts normally 75 minutes to 90 minutes max 4 days a week, there is no training regime worth the name.