Is Ally the Man for the job? - The McCoist Thread

This is how the top two looked on Nov. 15th 2011

Rangers 14 12 2 0 30 6 38

Celtic 12 7 2 3 23 12 23

....and this is how it was just BEFORE administration

Celtic 26 21 2 3 53 16 65

Rangers 26 19 4 3 51 15 61

A nineteen point swing.

We started well which merits praise, then somehow blew it big-time which deserves criticism.

Sorry to upset some but I know where the buck stops.

We were 15 points clear in November, 9 if you want to assume Celtic's games in hand were won. By Hogmany we were 2 points behind, and it had stretched to 4 by the time administration came about.

It was a very poor set of results in a short space of time.

This "throwing away a 10pt lead" is a weird one. I thought you were judged on the full league season - unless you lose it well before the end?

That means you can have a bad start and recover, or a good start and have a bad patch.

Imagine a runner who leads all the way and then trips up and loses his lead near the end - do you think he's worse than the guy who finished equal with him after a bad start?

Wanting someone to get the sack for losing a lead they got themselves in the first place even though they are still doing well above average is the strangest thing I've seen. Talk about making up a criticism. The worst part is that the 10 pts is actually not even true.

The other strange part is that we know nothing about what was happening behind the scenes at the time but we do know all about the stuff that was being printed every day.

But even then it doesn't matter. We lost one of our best two players to injury and the other one was gearing himself up for a transfer. We then had a bad patch - what team doesn't? But were recovering before admin actually happened. And like I say, this is all with the background of the behind the scenes stuff.

But the fact stands that before admin, we had an above average points total and were still in the title race. Going on about where we lost the points is petty in the extreme and shows why the whole campaign against McCoist is very extreme and hardly rational.

I really wish PLG had thrown away a 9pt lead but you can't do that from 17pts behind. Now *there* was a manager.

I suspect most people judge ally on what they see on the park. its why the wanted rid then and do now.

he gets some leeway while top of the league but the underlying issues were plain to see when we were top last year and are now.

I suspect most people judge ally on what they see on the park. its why the wanted rid then and do now.

he gets some leeway while top of the league but the underlying issues were plain to see when we were top last year and are now.

Being top isn't all enough either, I realise those defending him may consider that a spoilt attitude or something but with our resources compared to the rest and us aiming for three straight promotions, we have to win this league with ease. I never expected us to win every match although i'd say they're already bordering on what would seem like an acceptable number of games not won.

Celtic 12 7 2 3 23 12 23

A nineteen point swing.

We started well which merits praise, then somehow blew it big-time which deserves criticism.

This assumes that there was no troubled times in Ibrox affecting anyone. Do you not think that between then and when we actually hit admin that things were amiss and players/manager were aware?

We all knew things weren't looking great. It's not like admin came completely out of the blue. To say otherwise is a bit blind imo.

Celtic 12 7 2 3 23 12 23

A nineteen point swing.

He had us pumped out of all cups even with a 10 point lead in the league and when Septic were absolutely crap. He then loses his best player and never got to grips with it.