Is Ally the Man for the job? - The McCoist Thread

How would you get them to play more football? These guys are professional footballers remember, and will like to think they know how to play football... What knowledge of playing the game do you have to draw on?

The thing about McCoist is that when I've heard him talk about football he comes across as incredibly knowledgeable and insightful - far better than most pundits. When I see the likes of Alan Hansen or Gordon Strachan analysing the teams on the telly, they seem to see stuff I didn't see at all but can see it after they draw their circles on the screen.

Would you know how to train them, how to assess them, how to motivate them and how to man manage them? Do you know much about plyometrics, PNF stretching, target heart rates, VO2Max and other stuff that most people are oblivious to?

How would you deal with a big personality who thinks he knows better than you? (Which would probably be all of them unless you can instill some respect.)

What is your experience as a manager and your record of success? Can we come and watch your team win and play excellent football?

we have coaches and fitness experts by the way.

oh and i have excellent motivational skills. but you will note i am not saying i know the job better thansuper, quite the opposite infact.

i suspect i just want it played differently.

To suggest that in order to criticise anybody you have to be able to do their job is ludicrous and infantile.

Does anybody think they could actually be a better PM than Cameron? If the answers no then by the logic displayed in this thread you can never again criticise the PM or in fact any other politician (unless you happen to be one). Fans and paying customers should be able to vent and criticise McCoist without being subjected to the "could you do it any better?" nonsense.

For the record I don't think McCoist is the man for the job in the long term, there are other qualified and capable people that could deliver the tactics and performances and who could develop the pool of young players we've got into something resembling an SPL level side. Until it becomes an issue though McCoist has earned his shot.

At the same time those who continually criticise someone are themselves open to criticism, particularly when their criticism is as one-eyed and unwarranted as some on here has been. Some people feel they are qualified to give tactical critiques, evaluate player strengths, question training methods, scouting and formations. These insights seem to be based on watching football on TV or playing fives with some 'pros' once. Fuck me.

Opinions based on ignorance deserve all they get.

At the same time those who continually criticise someone are themselves open to criticism, particularly when their criticism is as one-eyed and unwarranted as some on here has been. Some people feel they are qualified to give tactical critiques, evaluate player strengths, question training methods, scouting and formations. These insights seem to be based on watching football on TV or playing fives with some 'pros' once. Fuck me.

Opinions based on ignorance deserve all they get.

So they're entitled to their opinion unless you don't like it?

You mean like you just did?

Critics shouldn't complain when their criticism is in turn criticised, particularly when they are clearly not qualified to make it in the first place. When fans start talking about tactics like they are the bastard child of Helena Herrera they sound ridiculous.

maybe the forum should be reborn as a members only club with the members all having to possess coaching qualifications and badges? :facepalm: to suggest fans cant talk about tactics because you dont think they are qualified is ridiculous. i read alot of good points from fans on tactics and formations, its not a closed shop for only certain people.

You mean like you just did?

Critics shouldn't complain when their criticism is in turn criticised, particularly when they are clearly not qualified to make it in the first place. When fans start talking about tactics like they are the bastard child of Helena Herrera they sound ridiculous.

So what is your response to Juancornetto's point? Should people not critisise our politicians unless they're politicians themselves?

Tactics are not some form of rocket science that is alien to everyone except those trained in the area, I think i've seen enough football in my time to be entitled to an opinion.

This stuff is just a lazy response when someone can't be bothered countering an opinion they don't agree with.

So what is your response to Juancornetto's point? Should people not critisise our politicians unless they're politicians themselves?

Tactics are not some form of rocket science that is alien to everyone except those trained in the area, I think i've seen enough football in my time to be entitled to an opinion.

This stuff is just a lazy response when someone can't be bothered countering an opinion they don't agree with.

outstanding reply. exactly what i was thinking.