Is Ally the Man for the job? - The McCoist Thread

Speculation as I mentioned.

As long as they were getting paid as normal and on time there was no reason at all for the players to be effected prior to the event itself, very weak excuse for me. Lets also rememeber that Craig Whyte signed 9 players and gave out lucrative long term contracts to key first team players, so it's not as if it was obvious that we were scrimping and saving every last penny even with the Jelavic speculation, considering what happened it's amazing to think that Whyte did sign anyone and gave the likes of Whittaker ridiculous wages.

So like all of us they'd have been aware of the noises but it was similar noises that there'd been since 2008 so it was really no reason for the collapse.

Have you ever been in a position where the speculation is there ? You are taking a situation and applying basic principles which do not follow through into real-life human emotional workings.

I will give you an example. Every year my companu have a meeting of all staff after our AGM. The CEO makes a speech, passes to his deputies and they also make speeches.

The CEO makes his speech and says, simply, that the company need to control their expenses because Bermuda is a high cost of living. No more, no less, just that. Result ? I have 20% AT LEAST of the staff asking me if they should be brushing up their resume.

It isnt as simple as "I am getting paid so everything is OK". People worry. Even well paid football players have bills to pay and if they have over-extended themselves, as many do, then they will have worries about paying bills.

Craig Whyte certainly mentioned that the club needed to be more fiscally prudent.

Speculation impacts people, whether we like it or not.

Have you ever been in a position where the speculation is there ? You are taking a situation and applying basic principles which do not follow through into real-life human emotional workings.

I will give you an example. Every year my companu have a meeting of all staff after our AGM. The CEO makes a speech, passes to his deputies and they also make speeches.

The CEO makes his speech and says, simply, that the company need to control their expenses because Bermuda is a high cost of living. No more, no less, just that. Result ? I have 20% AT LEAST of the staff asking me if they should be brushing up their resume.

It isnt as simple as "I am getting paid so everything is OK". People worry. Even well paid football players have bills to pay and if they have over-extended themselves, as many do, then they will have worries about paying bills.

Craig Whyte certainly mentioned that the club needed to be more fiscally prudent.

Speculation impacts people, whether we like it or not.

Speculation had been there since 2008 and they seemed to cope as I mentioned.

I take your general point but I think football is an exceptional circumstance with the high wages etc, as shown by so many players rejecting TUPE when the ordinary sttaff will have been relieved to be transferred on their same salary.

I probably don't tend to analyse my name calling

OK, that made me laugh.

rightly or wrongly I blame Murray and his crew above all else for where we are today, even if others did the dirty work.

...and so did that. What about Lawrence Marlborough? He did afterall sell to Murray. Surely he must take his share of the blame.

I take your general point but I think football is an exceptional circumstance with the high wages etc, as shown by so many players rejecting TUPE when the ordinary sttaff will have been relieved to be transferred on their same salary.

But we all know that Ally McCoist is no Walter Smith. Walter Smith was a major reason that the team we had stayed together.

So the circumstances were certainly different.

Money is money as these players have proven by walking away.

Looking back now, he really did come out with some crackers, old Craigy boy. That crook should write a book about how to tell the truth and lie in one sentence when asked an awkward question.

Part timers being involved is a bit of a different situation from Rangers going up against Man Utd.

Why ? By comparison to Man U we would be as well being part timers.

OK, that made me laugh.

...and so did that. What about Lawrence Marlborough? He did afterall sell to Murray. Surely he must take his share of the blame.

Did Marlborough have the club in a terrible state and sell it off to the first crook that came along? Murray at that time was a successful and ever rising business man but unfortunately for us he just lost the plot due to his enormous ego.

Besides, that only would apply if you believe all Murray did wrong was sell to Whyte.

My point about not analyising the name calling is that in many ways i'm not rational where Murray and Bain are concerned, some will believe i'm wrong.

"Ordinary" staff as you put it, have the prospect of a career 3 times as long as a player.

"Ordinary" staff as you put it, have the prospect of a career 3 times as long as a player.

My heart bleeds that they have to stop earning millions in their late 30s, and move onto a coaching career which is also highly paid if they desire.