Is Ally the Man for the job? - The McCoist Thread

Snatched from FF

Peterhead 2 Rangers 2 - Loving It

Only a few weeks back there were the odd days when I thought that we might not even be playing football this season. We were being passed about between the leagues and the various ruling bodies, being "rag dolled" if you like.

Yesterday we lined up for our first game on the long road back to our rightful place as the Champions of Scotland. Peterhead like many teams we will face this season raised their game and took a point. Rangers rarely play teams of Peterheads standard and when we do we don't always steamroller them or run up cricket scores.

So forgive me if I don't get too downhearted about yesterdays result because I'll tell you something when I see the Bears questioning selection, tactics, players and managers, it tells me we are back. And I would much rather be having these conversations and debates than the ones of the last few months.

Oh and for what it's worth I think we'll win the league comfortably but there will definitely be the odd dropped point along the way.

the its ok if were shite at least were here attitude.

I don't think that's what he meant, more he's not going to get upset over a drew with Peterhead in the first league match of the season because he's confident we will go on and win the title anyway, and he's just happy we are back playing and talking about football.

Nothing horrible about that .

He's the man for the job for me tbh, yeah he'll have his teething problems in finding the correct balance with the team and getting the correct formation but let's not get carried it's early doors! But what I will say is the players that don't want to be at the club please let it be known as we can't afford passengers in this team! Your either in or your out!

the its ok if were shite at least were here attitude.

Agreed. That type of thinking and more performances like yesterday's will keep us in Div 3 for ever.

I suspect the author of that post is of the same persuasion as far too many of today's FFers.

He's the man for the job for me tbh, yeah he'll have his teething problems in finding the correct balance with the team and getting the correct formation but let's not get carried it's early doors! But what I will say is the players that don't want to be at the club please let it be known as we can't afford passengers in this team! Your either in or your out!

True but there's more to it than that. Yes, Bocanegra & co should f**k off now if they don;t fancy it but even some of the guys who are happy to stay simply aren't good enough. Broadfoot has proved that he would struggle at any level. Alexander is a competent backup but he's no McGregor. The lack of width in the team is utterly unforgivable. And in answer to the OP, Ally proved at the outset of last year he's no manager and nothing that's happened since has altered that fact one jot.

Great guy, great Rangers man, never a manager. Never. As in not ever. Ever.

True, Alexander is not going to be the next McGregor but it's up to the four players that stand infront of him to protect him and stop the opposition scoring and simply these guys failed to do their jobs! Lessons need to be learned and mistakes nipped in the bud pronto!