Is Ally the Man for the job? - The McCoist Thread

I would like to see Ray Wilkins along side McCoist in the dugout .

Ive been saying that since day 1 but its unlikely now. I think someone like Gough or Ian Ferguson would be better if we go along the Ex players route. Gough hasnt good manager experience but he is a leader and a winner. Ian Ferguson would be much more vocal than Durrant but cant see him giving up his life in Oz.

I think Ally is the right man for the job and I think he'll prove all of his doubters wrong. Walter did it and I think Ally can do it too. We might not be happy with the football played and the results at times, but a league title is won over a whole season, so I'll be waiting to see how this season transpires before making any serious judgements about Ally. The least the man deserves is our support.

Good on you Zap for your correct support for a Rangers legend...but there's a corner to be turned and Ally won't get round it.

We need to move forward and only the right men in place will provide that for us.

Green must be uncomfortable right now with what is in front of him at the moment. Ally is a relic of the past that will eventually have to be removed.

Greatness will be achieved one day and Ally will still be part of it....as a Centre Forward and that's it.

I have held my tongue but after our performance this weekend it's become clear to me that McCoist has no interest in playing good football, or anything resembling it. All I can dream of is a future where we have a philosophy at our club that focuses on attacking football and short passing, the way it once was.

The pre-emptive excuse pedalled for the likely shite football this season was bad pitches, dirty challenges and dire football played against us but Peterhead played it fair and square, better football than we did, and the pitch was fine.

The fact McCoist still has us playing 3 at the back speaks volumes. 3 at the back might work for Marcelo Bielsa but McCoist is no such genius tactician. 3 at the back and big Jig and Kevin Kyle up top :disgusted::disgusted::disgusted::disgusted:

He has never demonstrated anything to suggest he is a good coach or manager. His tactics are abysmal as is his general choice of signings. He's starting to remind of McLeish. It's sad we have so many people in this country with no interest of playing football the correct way. I can only hope that the current Sky Sports generation of kids grow up watching La Liga, Bundesliga etc and we see approaches changing. Scottish football is 30 years behind everyone else and the likes of Smith, McCoist and McLeish are right at the heart of it. Smith, however, knew the Scottish game backwards and more often than not knew how to get 3 points, even if the football was at times excruciating.

Smith, however, knew the Scottish game backwards and more often than not knew how to get 3 points, even if the football was at times excruciating.

Which is exactly how he turned us around at international level and then led us to a european final with similarly limited resources :facepalm:

It's sad we have so many people in this country with no interest of playing football the correct way.

I would tend to agree if that comment wasn't targeted at McCoist.

The way I see it, it's all fine and well talking about playing some mythical beautiful game but that ideaology simply doesn't fit with Rangers. Any team no matter how good they are can't win them all. In our case that's simply unnacceptable for a sizable number of fans. Some of those fans may even claim they'd be happy to be 2nd / 3rd rate if we played exciting football 'the way it should be played' but I suspect they'd still be the first to call for heads to roll at the first dropped point.