Is Ally the Man for the job? - The McCoist Thread

the peterhead players and the Berwick ones train in the central belt.

working on your own fitness is a world away from proper sports science and being part of a team training environment. put simply you never push yourself as hard without competition.

honestly mate its laughable that we aren't streets ahead in this department.

Murray Park is the biggest waste of money ever if we can't expect to be above that level.

in the summer we were abroad training 5 or 6 hrs a day. doing vo2 max testing with heart monitors GPS tracking and specifically designed training programmes from sports scientists. all while our nutritionists were designing proper food intake for us.

the other teams players were fitting pipes and delivering mail.

its a joke.

Got to laugh at the Ally fans moving the goalposts, first it was its still preseason, then it was wait till the end of September now I see it's Christmas time, dear oh dear.

Bet Ally's glad its 3 home games in a row because of it was 3 away games it would be a disaster.

I think most who want Ally to stay or at least have a chance have said he should get the season at least, I can't see anyone moving the goalposts, we've played 5 games ffs, if we're not clear by xmas then i'll worry slightly, if we don't win the league he will be gone but we will win the league and get promoted. It might not be to the Barcelona style you seem to want but i'll be happy enough to take promotion and move upwards and on-wards.

I think most who want Ally to stay or at least have a chance have said he should get the season at least, I can't see anyone moving the goalposts, we've played 5 games ffs, if we're not clear by xmas then i'll worry slightly, if we don't win the league he will be gone but we will win the league and get promoted. It might not be to the Barcelona style you seem to want but i'll be happy enough to take promotion and move upwards and on-wards.

5 games have I missed something thought it was 8?

Again your missing the point of mine and a few others argument because you think we are just Ally bashing out of hatred, I love Ally think he's one of the nicest guys you could ever meet and a great Ranger BUT he ain't a manager.

We have a chance here to build something from the bottom up and it isn't going to happen under Ally. On the Barca point what's wrong with wanting my team to be as good as it can be, that should be what every fan wants isn't it or am I missing something when it comes to Rangers fans, have we really learned to accept dross and be happy about it just as long as we are winning trophies nothing else matters.

Again your missing the point of mine and a few others argument because you think we are just Ally bashing out of hatred, I love Ally think he's one of the nicest guys you could ever meet and a great Ranger BUT he ain't a manager.

We have a chance here to build something from the bottom up and it isn't going to happen under Ally. On the Barca point what's wrong with wanting my team to be as good as it can be, that should be what every fan wants isn't it or am I missing something when it comes to Rangers fans, have we really learned to accept dross and be happy about it just as long as we are winning trophies nothing else matters.

I have also already said it's a great chance to build something also but for some reason it's not going to happen or won't for a while but we don't really get a choice and never have in the past, doesn't mean we should all just moan and not get behind the team, but again I can see your reason for wanting more we all do I suppose. I think I will just browse this thread as i've said my piece a few times and everyone just keeps repeating themselves including myself :)

I would say for the majority of fans silverware is the be all and end all, nothing else matters this is what teams play for to win trophies, I would rather do this than play like Arsenal and win nothing.

I have also already said it's a great chance to build something also but for some reason it's not going to happen or won't for a while but we don't really get a choice and never have in the past, doesn't mean we should all just moan and not get behind the team, but again I can see your reason for wanting more we all do I suppose. I think I will just browse this thread as i've said my piece a few times and everyone just keeps repeating themselves including myself :)

I would say for the majority of fans silverware is the be all and end all, nothing else matters this is what teams play for to win trophies, I would rather do this than play like Arsenal and win nothing.

We have some breathing space to get a way of playing in place for decades to come and still win trophies it's a win/win, but only if the club grab it and make the hard changes needed.

Same here mate, the Ally debate is going round in circles. Green will decide if he wants to persevere with Ally or cut him loose and nothing any of us think or say will make up his mind either way.

The massive flaw in your argument is that you're talking about one of the world's richest teams with a good chunk of the world's best players. How many teams play as well as Barcelona? So how are we supposed to do it at Rangers when there are hundreds of clubs with far more money than us that can afford far better players can't do it?

To show it's even possible at Rangers you have to show a plethora of clubs doing it at our lowly level - or even a few divisions above. There are 11 teams in the SPL of a similar level to us, that's ELEVEN. Name two that you'd like us to play like? Or choose a team from FORTY EIGHT in League One and Two in England that we should emulate.

Come on, it should be easy the way you talk, surely out of those 59 teams, there is a manager who has his team playing like Barcelona? I'll even give you a team with much more resources than us and far more than the rest in their league - Celtic. Would playing like them make you happy?

It's easy to say we should be playing like Barcelona, but it looks a bit optimistic when you realise that out of all the teams in the world, 99.999% of them don't - and I'd bet almost all of them would like to.

I think you'd be a happier person if you just supported Barcelona as your flair team that you watch religiously and Rangers as your "hope they win" team for which you just look for the results and league position.

every other manager gets the better if us why not us.

I must be in a different world, you're saying we've lost every game this season? If you're going to put up an argument to sack a manager, can you at least stick to reality? I really don't know why you think this kind of stuff will persuade anyone...

I must be in a different world, you're saying we've lost every game this season? If you're going to put up an argument to sack a manager, can you at least stick to reality? I really don't know why you think this kind of stuff will persuade anyone...

you and me clearly have a different view of how to value a manager with a weekly wage budget less than jig gets and a squad worth less than temps getting a draw.

I ernestly mean this. winning by less than 4 to 6 goals is failure in a game for us.

our wage budget

our full time staff

our facilities

our ability to buy players

our international players.

our manager earns 4 times the annual budget of his rivals whole club.

these are the reasons why.