Some of us have played for the Scotland under 16 team*... :cool:

* PS: That's an indication of the crap that can be selected and, even then, I was aware of the politics that went on re player selection.

If he is mates with Ally, I don't see there will be any changes.

They also will point to Ness, McCabe, McKay McLeod.

The buying youngsters and then letting them go is a worry, but being picked for the Scotland under 16s doesn't mean an awful lot.

Remember Rangers had 5/6 playing in the team, only Ness came through.

that 5 or 6 included Perry, Danny Wilson wylde, fleck and ness. that was George Adams team and is proof that we need to get back to dominating these squads.

Edited by the gunslinger

Just noticed this, below is the Rangers under 12 squad that went to Italy in 2008.

Max Currie, Connor Gaffney, Ross Lyon, Rory Currie, Scott Lochead, Jordan Scott, Sam Leddington, Craig Burke, Michael Mossie, Sean McLeod, Malcolm McDonald, Ross McNeil, Joe Thompson, Connor Murray, Callum Shippcott, Hussain Kaware, Adam Wilson, Darren Whyte, Greg Kiltie, Greg Taylor

Connor Gaffney, Rory Currie, Scott Lochhead and Joe Thompson are now at Celtic, you have to ask why ?

And only 5 maybe 6 are still at Rangers.

"Remember Rangers had 5/6 playing in the team, only Ness came through"

Danny Wilson, John Fleck and Gregg Wylde played in the same victory shield team as Jamie Ness. Along with Grant Adam, Steven Forbes and Archie Campbell.

I don't think they all played in the same team.

The ones who played included Adams, Durie, Cole, Ness and Wilson.

I still say getting picked for the under 16s side is no recipe for success.

Having said that it doesn't mean I don't agree with your verdict on Sinclair.

just to be fairminded , the manky mob released the bulk of their under 19, last year and have been doing the same every year since 2002 , we just need to face facts scottish kids for what ever reason just cant hack it , i know thats a sweeping statement but we dont as a country produce anywhere near enough good kids .

whether its the coaching , proyouth certainly doesnt help , infact its been a disaster , and i cant see these development schools of excellence being any better ,all they do is coach the enjoyment out the kids

just to be fairminded , the manky mob released the bulk of their under 19, last year and have been doing the same every year since 2002 , we just need to face facts scottish kids for what ever reason just cant hack it , i know thats a sweeping statement but we dont as a country produce anywhere near enough good kids .

whether its the coaching , proyouth certainly doesnt help , infact its been a disaster , and i cant see these development schools of excellence being any better ,all they do is coach the enjoyment out the kids

very few of those released were Scotland international's.