We Canâ??t Thank You Enough

3b60a9d0a2cdf8ec6bbcadc3a6ddff94_S.jpg

CHARLES GREEN made a public thank you to Rangers fans ahead of todayâ??s match as he addressed supporters in the sold-out stadium before kick-off.

On a day when the 49,118 inside eclipsed all other attendances in Scotland, and beat the combined total of all five SPL matches the Rangers Chief Executive thanked supporters for their continued loyalty.

He said: â??Never mind sell out Saturday, this is sold out Saturday because there are only three seats left.

â??I was starting to worry that someone was going to sell mine, so Iâ??ll run through what Iâ??ve got to say to you guys.

â??In addition to a sell out today, we had 40,000 at our League Cup game against East Fife and we have sold over 33,000 season tickets â?? thatâ??s not bad for a Third Division club.

â??We will have the highest attendance in Scotland today and one of the highest in the UK as the English Premier League starts and that is testament to the passion, loyalty and commitment shown by the Rangers supporters and we thank you all.

â??Over 33,000 season tickets have been sold in the last two weeks and that is a phenomenal total.

â??Few clubs in the world could count on that kind of support and on behalf of everyone at Rangers, I canâ??t thank you enough.

â??There have been massive queues at Ibrox all week and I enjoyed meeting and engaging with supporters.*

â??It is you who have made the sacrifice to stand for hours and wait to buy your season tickets to see the team in action today and for the rest of the season.

â??Today is just the start of the journey and we are all in it together so letâ??s enjoy the adventure.

â??Rangers Then, Rangers Now, Rangers Forever!â?

Listen to the full speech below:*

d857df8a9cfd7c86ccb2e9f710b5414b_S.jpg

RANGERS boss Ally McCoist is hopeful that the clubâ??s fans will continue to back the Light Blues after a sell-out at Ibrox today.

A full house watched McCoistâ??s side beat East Stirlingshire 5-1 and the manager was blown away by the loyalty of the home support in recent weeks.

Over 33,000 season tickets have been sold and after a near 40,000 crowd in the League Cup, the clubâ??s opening home league game saw over 49,000 packed in to Ibrox.

The backing was welcomed by McCoist, who is hoping to see similar numbers for the entire season.

He said: â??Itâ??s quite unbelievable really. I just think itâ??s incredible. I looked out of my office at about half past one today and Edmiston Drive was choc-a-block.

â??That was fantastic and itâ??s a statement it really is. Itâ??s really encouraging for the staff, the players and everyone at the club.

â??When you are getting support like that from the fans we can only go one way and we must keep going forward.

â??What a statement it was today that they turned out in the numbers they did today.

â??I would encourage them to, and hope that they would, continue that throughout the season.â?

CLUBNEWS.jpg