A Little Bit Of Everything

6612da61425d98755836902a8bde1bce_S.jpg

HAT-TRICK hero Andy Little was real positive element of todayâ??s 5-1 win over East Stirlingshire for boss Ally McCoist.

The Rangers manager saw the Northern Ireland striker bag his first club treble and praised the 23-year-old for his contribution.

Little drew Rangers level after they fell behind and ensured they ended the half ahead, before notching his third and Rangersâ?? fourth in the second period.

It was a great moment for Little and McCoist praised the forward for his all action style as well as his finishing.

The boss said: â??Thereâ??s always something happening when Andyâ??s in town thatâ??s for sure!

â??He creates chances and probably could have had another two. He should have squared one to Sandaza but he was great so we have no problems with Andy.*

â??He has bundles of energy and he makes things happen even when weâ??re playing him in a position that probably wouldnâ??t be his most favoured at the moment.

â??He is well aware, as are the other lads, that itâ??s a small sacrifice in terms of the overall team performance which is the most important thing.

â??He certainly looks as though he is going to get on the end of things for us, thatâ??s for sure.â?

CLUBNEWS.jpg

26365fc69a0812abe9a6acc59df2e9ae_S.jpg

HAT-TRICK hero Andy Little admits heâ??s happy to stay on the right side of midfield if it means he keeps playing for Rangers every week.

The striker has so far found himself moved to a wider role this term and he started there against today against East Stirlingshire at Ibrox.

But despite being out of position, he turned the game on its head in the first half with a fine double after Paul Quinnâ??s shocker opener for the away team.

And after Fran Sandaza got his first strike for the club, Little completed his treble ahead of a Lee McCulloch counter in injury time which sealed a good 5-1 win.

Little got the chance to play up front in the second half of last term alongside McCulloch but has been pushed to the flank due to the summer arrivals of Sandaza and Kevin Kyle.

Heâ??s simply happy to be playing after committing to the club for the long term though and the Northern Ireland hitman will accept a continuation of that situation.

Little said: â??I got about 10 to 15 minutes up front towards the end and immediately I thought Iâ??d got a penalty and I had a goal knocked off too.

â??Iâ??d like to think Iâ??ll score when I go up there but at the same time I know I can do a job out on the right.

â??I do think Iâ??d do better through the middle but Iâ??m not going to make a fuss about it and if I keep getting games Iâ??ll be more than happy.

â??Thatâ??s my aim this season, to get games and more minutes under my belt. If Iâ??m playing at right midfield regularly, Iâ??m pleased with that.â?

Littleâ??s hat-trick was the first of his senior career and he took his goals well, particularly before the break.

His leveller was a crisp right-footed finish with his right foot from 12 yards before he stooped low to head in shortly before the break.

The 23-year-old actually had two second-half efforts ruled out for offside as well but did claim the match ball with a poked effort from close range after Sandaza was denied.

Little added: â??It was an awesome feeling to get my third. The gaffer said to me to try to get my hat-trick at half-time and I maybe tried a wee bit too hard at the start of the second half.

â??The boys were giving me a bit of stick and I should probably have passed it a few times but Iâ??m delighted to score three for the first time.

â??Playing in front of more than 49,000 people and getting a couple of goals early on, I think I saw my name in lights.

â??But it was good to get there and also to get the victory. I know Iâ??ve got to keep trying to improve and to put a few more away.â?

Little has now matched his tally of five goals from last season already after earlier strikers against Brechin City and Peterhead before August is even out.

But thereâ??s little danger of him getting complacent and he is eager to keep adding to his tally for the campaign.

He smiled: â??I want to keep getting amongst the goals. I think at the end of last season I showed I can do that when I play.

â??Iâ??m absolutely loving the fact Iâ??m getting a few starts and I did feel whenever I was involved last season that I could score so hopefully that can continue.â?