Rhys McCabe might have left Rangers, but they have not left him

He didn't claim to 'love the club so much' only that he's a supporter. I don't imagine it was an easy decision for him to make at 19, he says that much himself, indeed he might regret it in the future. I made decisions at 19 I now regret, thankfully no one is still holding them against me.

I for one would welcome McCabe back at sometime in the future.

Each to their own mate, it's all about the opinions.

Easy to say they should have stayed and commanded a fee in hindsight; at the time, I'd have bailed out were I a pro.

The club didn't handle the switch over well at all. Whatever good things we can say Charles Green has done of late, there's no getting away from the fact that we let quite a few quid walk out the door though poor communication. Rangers haven't stood in the way of any player who wanted to leave, but how were the walk-aways to know that before the fact?

Easy to say they should have stayed and commanded a fee in hindsight; at the time, I'd have bailed out were I a pro.

The club didn't handle the switch over well at all. Whatever good things we can say Charles Green has done of late, there's no getting away from the fact that we let quite a few quid walk out the door though poor communication. Rangers haven't stood in the way of any player who wanted to leave, but how were the walk-aways to know that before the fact?

I think it's pretty fair to say now that we're looking back, that there was no real interest from the new owners in keeping our best players.

For so many of the players to have individually commented that they had zero or almost zero communication from the club during the time of uncertainty and they had no clue what was going on other than what they read in the papers is pretty shocking treatment of them, but I'm open minded and I don't blame it all on Charles Green by any means.

I think there were probably still enough high level staff at the club who should've been able to liaise with the players regularly and keep them fully and properly informed as to what was going on. We were in a very bad situation, but there really is absolutely no excuse for not communicating adequately with our players. That said, I don't think anyone knew what was going on, so there was basically nothing to report to the players anyway other than what they were already getting through the media.

My gut feeling is that short-term thinking took over and that paying massive wage bills before season tickets were sold and paid for was a real concern for the new owners.

I'll bet you any money that Charles Green has spoken far more words to the media about the players who've left than he ever said to any of the players on an individual or personal basis. That might not mean anything, but maybe it does.

As I see it the sole issue was all of these players who didn't transfer over took advantage of the situation to get more money elsewhere. Some of the younger players such as Ness & McCabe wouldn't have been on particularly high wages anyway.

P.S I hope CG persists in getting money for them all !!!

In the case of all the youth players surely we should get compensation? Unless they say the Oldco brought the players on. Then there is the fact the youth department was made an apart company a few years ago was it not? Was it also insolvent or was it out with the solvency issue? In that case the company that owns the youth department should be entitled to compensation. More questions than answers.