I know most of you probably won't remeber this guy, but he plays for Livvy, think he scored both goals in 2-2 draw last season. Anyway, he played well for Scotland u-19's and a few clubs noticed him.

One club offers him a trial...fucking BARCELONA!!!

and what does our Robert do...

knocks them back!!!!

fud

You've got to seriously question the guys attitude and ambition,you don't say no to Barcelona

Yeah I read about this in the Daily Mail yesterday. Supposedly his agent is well acquainted with a Spanish agent and on the basis of Roberts impressive appearances for the Scotland under 19's it was arranged for him to go on trial with Barcelona. Think the idea was for him to go over, train with their 2nd string and for the Barca coaches to assess him, something they do with a lot of young players that their scouting network highlight. Snodgrass however turned the opportunity down, much to the anger of his agent who set the whole thing up for him and who has know been quoted to have 'washed my hands off him', questioning his attitude after turning down such an opportunity.

Malky

I can understand that he didn't go. I would rather play first team football in Scotland than sit in the reserves in Spain. If he is good enough he will get to a big team.

My mate many moons ago could have picked any team in Britain including Man u Liverpool and the old firm, but chose to go to Partick thistle. After falling out with Bertie Auld the manager at that time he quit football. Billy McNeil offered to take him to Aberdeen for trials with the thoughts of him joining. He knocked him back and never kicked a ball professionaly again. I would have bitten my arm off to play prof football and he knocked it back.

The last i heard he was assistant manager at Ross county.