Salaries and Wages

While the main German football magazine - Kicker - noted our world record crowd on Saturday, their reporter* was quick to point out that Charles Green was "glad that they were there". For - as the reporter reasoned - Rangers were actually in need of a 30k+ crowd and have to rely on this especially during winter because - hold tight - even after administration no staff members were made redundant and Charles Green gives the club the luxury of employing a manager who is still on similar terms as his colleague accross the city (TLB), at Euro 1,2m a year.

You would argue that making no people redundant is a good thing, but not this chap. He also missed the season ticket sales made public on that matchday, but never let facts get into the way of a naughty snipe.

Question is, does anyone know whether Ally was on these terms and whether he still is on the same terms?

*Said reporter is most likely Phil Gordon, who is not named here, but usually does the articles for this German paper. Unless I am mistaken, he's not one of the better folk in his trade, especially when it comes to impartial reporting on us.

goian and edu will save us just over £1m per season. i would hate to think ally was on around £1m per year, that is staggering wages not just for a novice but for a very average manager. what a waste. i bet experienced football managers would jump at the chance to manage us for half of that probably less. we have lost 25 players and counting and most of them were our highest earners so our wage bill must be very low in rangers terms given our turnover is the second highest in scotland.

While the main German football magazine - Kicker - noted our world record crowd on Saturday, their reporter* was quick to point out that Charles Green was "glad that they were there". For - as the reporter reasoned - Rangers were actually in need of a 30k+ crowd and have to rely on this especially during winter because - hold tight - even after administration no staff members were made redundant and Charles Green gives the club the luxury of employing a manager who is still on similar terms as his colleague accross the city (TLB), at Euro 1,2m a year.

You would argue that making no people redundant is a good thing, but not this chap. He also missed the season ticket sales made public on that matchday, but never let facts get into the way of a naughty snipe.

Question is, does anyone know whether Ally was on these terms and whether he still is on the same terms?

*Said reporter is most likely Phil Gordon, who is not named here, but usually does the articles for this German paper. Unless I am mistaken, he's not one of the better folk in his trade, especially when it comes to impartial reporting on us.

I've no idea what terms Ally is on.

I think the point about redundancies is important, I can't speak German so I don't know if he made it in a snide way or not though. Other than Smith and Russell did any other non-footballing staff leave, I don't recall hearing of any? That being the case we are running an SPL size organisation in SFL 3. That's quite a gamble when you think about it. As others have pointed out huge savings have been made in player salaries so it's not like for like on costs.

I very very much doubt edu is on 5k a week.

he is mate. he is in the final year of his original 5 year contract. he was on pennies at Toronto and has not signed any new deals at Rangers in his time here. any contract extension would mean a huge increase which i doubt the club fancy paying, certainly under walter they didnt.