Rangers could be fast-tracked into second tier via league reconstruction

My information is that Regan is currently head-hunting businessmen for an independent 'steering' committee RE: league reconstruction. He wants them to report back by November and this is a reaction to uncertainty over the existing TV deals.

May well be the case that an extended SPL will be on the cards. Question for Green is do they accept this parachute (makes business sense) or go against fan opinion and remain in the SFL.

If they dont have a report back until November that means even longer before they annouce anything, therefore I cant see how they could possibly bring this in ahead of 2013-14 season, meaning we'd still play in Div 2 (so long as we get promoted this season) next year.

jumping up one league allows us to be in Europe again after 3 years not 4 that would be good.

Maybe I'm wrong, but if we win the Scottish Cup or be "losing finalist" to a "CL team", the league reconstruction does not matter either.

As for the article .... "Rangers newco" and "Rangers owner Charles Green" ... do these people get paid for this rubbish? As for Regan: "They’ve used the situation to get the fans behind them but ..." ... this chap is just sick in the head, utterly sick.

How is Regan still in a job? How are any of the men who presided over arguably the single biggest case of mismanagement in the game ever, still allowed to have any say at all in the future of Scottish football?

Reconstruction should be the priority of all Rangers supporters and indeed anyone with the best interests of the game at heart. We should begin at the top though and work our way down. These idiots are still trying to gerrymander a way of getting money from us. They've learned nothing.

That steering committie is unlikely to be very independent, if previous experience is anything to go by. I can see it now: Eric Reiily, Rod Petrie, Diarmuid O'Hara and Stewart Regan's brother.

@AMMS - I think we hold the crown for biggest mismanagement in the history of the game, thanks to Mssrs Murray & Whyte.

Every time non-bluenose people open their yap about Rangers I am amazed at how wrong they can get it. It's qute scary, though, when you sit here and realise that the people who are in charge haven't a clue what they are talking about, but are in the position to decide what happens to us.

The only good I can see staggering from this wreckage - which Rhegan feels is better than he expected! - is if the SFL clubs really turn the screw on the SPL. None of this three league shit; Scotland is only big enough for two leagues. Regardless of finance streams for clubs, that's the reality. Two leagues of whatever you like, with three automatic up and downs and a play off for a fourth. Otherwise, it's just the same teams, over and over again.

@AMMS - I think we hold the crown for biggest mismanagement in the history of the game, thanks to Mssrs Murray & Whyte.

Yes, Murray paid for some of his mismanagement with £50m, and Craig Whyte was fined £200k and banned syne die from Scottish football. So should we apply those "punishments" to Regan?

Reconstruction would HAVE to leave a 10 team third division - or how can Rangers get into the second tier? The 7th and 8th in div 2 would be above us in the rankings.

So 16/16/10 seems to be the way to go.

With only 30 natural games a season there would have to be a split or play offs for the title and relegation etc.