Stevie Naismith comment...

The Gullane 'Murder Hill' work was totally psychological, it was never about fitness and all about mentality and believing you were fitter than the opposition. Wallace was a far, far shrewder man-manager than he is ever given credit for and Gullane Sands was his masterpiece in mental warfare.

There is a fascinating interview with Gary Linekar where he talks about Wallace, it's worth trying to find he gives a very different impression of the man than many still hold.

I take it you've never ran up and down murder hill then :) lots of teams still use it today for fitness.

I will say a bit of both it got you fit while teaching your body that it could go that extra bit more than you think it can. I used to train going up a grass hill in Crossford, up the hill then down the path at the side. It did make you realise that in that last 10 mins of a game when you think you are done and have nothing left in the tank, you can get that last run down the wing or sprint onto a through ball.

For once I'll stick up for Ally well sort of, this finished by Lunch has been going for years at Auchenhowie and before.

I find it unprofessional that pros finish by lunchtime, especially when their peers in other countries are working all day. No wonder the game in Scotland is headed to the dogs when our "professionals" train for 3 hours a day.

For once I'll stick up for Ally well sort of, this finished by Lunch has been going for years at Auchenhowie and before.

I wasn't aware of how little they do. Is quite awful and explains why we in Scotland are falling so badly behind. Time for change methinks.

Probably wasnt, sorry amms :(

It might have been on radio or TV actually. He was very complimentary of Wallace, particularly about his man-management and his ability to give you self belief. It was him that explained the psychology of 'murder hill'.

question of the week. ;)

Seeing pics of our daily training sessions make me cringe.Ally walking around back slapping,shaking hands,and grinning from ear

to ear. Then having to get up at 4.30 am to watch the shite he produces,makes we want to gag.

Seeing pics of our daily training sessions make me cringe.Ally walking around back slapping,shaking hands,and grinning from ear

to ear. Then having to get up at 4.30 am to watch the shite he produces,makes we want to gag.

i honestly feel your pain. we deserve better.