Stevie Naismith comment...

Not disagreeing but I dont think you need neither 4 hours on fitness OR ballwork. Super_Ally would know better though as a sports scientist.

What I would like to see is maybe 2-3 hours on fitness work, 2-3 hours on ball work (including technique, control, vision etc) an hour on assessing upcoming opponents (this isnt JUST the managers job but also the players - Michael Jordan in the 92 Olympics watched every single team they were playing against and when asked why given the US were a shoe-in for gold he said, simply, "I NEVER underestimate my opponents") and an hour on tactical formations, not just one but a number of formations - because you WILL have to change tactics and formations at various points in time.

In fact, it shouldnt be as structured as I stated above, there should be variety but with a view to achieving a certain amount of hours in each aspect of the game in a week. Once you have had a full pre-season you should be at peak physical fitness anyway so those fitness hours could reduce slightly, allowing you to concentrate on the more technical aspects of the game.

You will also want to find time to work on set pieces, both attacking and defending, ball retention, movement, switching play - etc etc.

But we in Scotland (I dont think this is just a Rangers thing) molly coddle our players and give them an incredibly easy life. These guys "train" for maybe 3 hours a day.... any one of us would train for 8 hours a day if we were just given the opportunity to play for the club we love and on a fraction of what these guys earn.

Galling.

You say it so much better than I do mate cheers. :thup:

He has a no business commenting on anything to do with RFC.

naismiths an everton man now he should shut up ,now as for the training our players are looking like a bunch of shirkers with a sicknote in their pocket employ a proper fitness trainer or teams will run past us .

Naismith wasn't passing comment on Rangers, mearly commenting on life @ Everton. However I thought it was worth posting after the display @ the wekend.

Naismith was one play, along with Davis who's fitness I could never question - both were all over the park and at times their work effort put the rest to shame.

Has anyone ever been privvy to a training schedule at Auchenhowie? That is first hand insight? Has anyone asked Naismith what is being done at Everton and how long they train? Just asking and refraining from discussing hearsay and conjecture.