Rangers Unite Statement

We are to give money to Supporters Direct? Seriously?

1. The Scottish Council contains Morag McHaffie who called for Partick Thistle fans to boycott Rangers games if we ended up in the 1st Division.

2. The Scottish Council Chairman's own Trust were against us being admitted to the 1st division, threatening boycotts.

3. They allow the IRA supporting, Jeanette Findlay led Celtic Trust to retain their membership despite all of their pro-IRA statements.

4. The ArabTrust are one of their leading members who have reported our fans to the police.

5. Supporters Direct did not offer any support to the Rangers fans generally over the past year when we had all of our problems.

I can't see me entrusting any of my cash to an organisation riddled with such anti-Rangers feeling. I want nothing to do with supporters of other clubs and would not be in favour of giving them any cash from Rangers fans to hold.

One of the things about RU's petulant, toys out the pram, action last night is that it leads to speculation about something which isn't yet ready to be launched. SD are an advisory group who assist with fan ownership/investment in clubs. They don't hold money. Any money collected would be placed in an escrow account, administered by lawyers. It is 100% regulated by the FSA and 100% safe and fans can ask for it to be returned to them under the conditions of the scheme which they will know in advance.

Also on some of your points above - SD have no say over the actions of individual trusts. It is not like a forum where a naughty member can be expelled so you're being a bit harsh to suggest they should police the behaviour of the odious individuals in other trusts.

They actually have offered support for months but for varying reasons nothing has got off the ground. Also they have only recently started to receive the funding and political backing that they get in England. Hence why the majority of their successes have been down there. They are only now starting to become the same sort of organisation here that exists in England. Indeed even now a lot of the support that is being received is coming from England.

RangersUnite – Statement 29/08/2012

Posted by andy Posted on Aug - 29 - 2012 So far 0 CommentCategories Statement

Untitled-11.jpg&h=250&w=550&zc=1

A Statement of Events

RangersUnite was formed in February 2012 by a number of international Rangers Supporters. Our purpose was to create and implement a Business Plan that would permit a successful emergence from administration with a majority supporter’s ownership in place. However due to the failure of the administrators to gain a successful CVA with the Company’s creditors, we proceeded with the creation of a business plan and Model that would permit a majority ownership in RFC.

The following are the events that led to a closed meeting between Chris Graham, The Rangers Supporters Trust and RangersUnite, held in Glasgow at 6.30 pm on the 28th August 2012.

The following is a record of events and meetings held in private between all parties:

JUNE 2012

RangersUnite was approached by Mr Chris Graham, a concerned supporter. Mr Graham’s approach was due to concerns that RST and RU were proposing a supporters led acquisition of RFC, In his opinion this was problematic and efforts should be made to align and synergise both parties and proposals.

A number of conversations took place with minimal discussions on the proposals taking place. It was agreed towards the end of June that all parties would convene their first meeting in early July.

JULY 2012

A meeting was convened in early July 2012 with 3 members of RST and 4 members of RU in attendance, with Mr Graham attending as an observer.

The discussions commenced with no real agenda or structure. The discussions mainly focussed around RangersUnite’s Vision and RST existing membership vehicle and banking system. Gordon Stewart, the Rangers Supporters Trust Secretary suggested and both parties agreed to “suspend” launching any proposals to permit both parties to carry out more diligence to be discussed at a meeting to be convened within two weeks. This was agreed by all parties.

A further meeting took place in Mid July at the offices of Supporters Direct in Glasgow, with 5 members of RST, 5 members of RU, 1 member of Rangers Supporters Assembly, Mr Chris Graham and Mr Paul Goodwin of Supporters Direct being present, All parties were issued with the Rangers Ownership Fund Presentation, which took RU by surprise as this was not what was agreed at the previous meeting. RangersUnite informed all present that they were opposed to changes to agreements without consultation.

The meeting progressed contrary to RU objections and upon conclusion of the meeting Mr Paul Goodwin of Supporters Direct insisted that all parties refrain from discussing matters with external parties, Which was agreed.

The follow up meeting held at the end of July became contentious when it was revealed that the vehicle would be titled “Buy Rangers”, which was opposed by RU due to no consultation and for the first time a proposal that all supporters would have to become members of Rangers Supporters Trust to enable participation. RU opposed these proposals and the meeting was adjourned, with an agreement being reached for all parties to meet again in August.

AUGUST 2012

A meeting has been arranged for the 28th August 2012 in Glasgow, between all parties.

However, there has been no meaningful dialogue between the parties since the adjournment of the last meeting in July. Subsequently it has been discovered that Mr Ian Davidson MP has been requested to become involved in the meetings, again with no consultation or explanation to RU.

It was announced last week that Chris Graham, Ian Davidson MP and Paul Goodwin of Supporters Direct had approached and met with Charles Green to discuss proposals, proposals that have not been created nor have RU approved any items discussed.

Due to the meeting with Charles Green, RU have been requested to attend a meeting on 28th August 2012.

Due to the lack of transparency, democracy and approval of all parties appointment RU shall decide upon any further commitment to such a vehicle and proposal.

Also on some of your points above - SD have no say over the actions of individual trusts. It is not like a forum where a naughty member can be expelled so you're being a bit harsh to suggest they should police the behaviour of the odious individuals in other trusts.

Of course they can expel Trusts from membership. They have received complaints about the Celtic one, and did nothing apart from ask for meaningless assurances which were then ignored anyway. However I take your point in respect of point 4. As for the Board members in Scotland there is definitely an anti-Rangers feeling there.

If SD are not holding cash as was previously suggested and it is held independently then that is fine.

RangersUnite – Statement 29/08/2012

Posted by andy Posted on Aug - 29 - 2012 So far 0 CommentCategories Statement

Untitled-11.jpg&h=250&w=550&zc=1

A Statement of Events

RangersUnite was formed in February 2012 by a number of international Rangers Supporters. Our purpose was to create and implement a Business Plan that would permit a successful emergence from administration with a majority supporter’s ownership in place. However due to the failure of the administrators to gain a successful CVA with the Company’s creditors, we proceeded with the creation of a business plan and Model that would permit a majority ownership in RFC.

The following are the events that led to a closed meeting between Chris Graham, The Rangers Supporters Trust and RangersUnite, held in Glasgow at 6.30 pm on the 28th August 2012.

The following is a record of events and meetings held in private between all parties:

JUNE 2012

RangersUnite was approached by Mr Chris Graham, a concerned supporter. Mr Graham’s approach was due to concerns that RST and RU were proposing a supporters led acquisition of RFC, In his opinion this was problematic and efforts should be made to align and synergise both parties and proposals.

A number of conversations took place with minimal discussions on the proposals taking place. It was agreed towards the end of June that all parties would convene their first meeting in early July.

JULY 2012

A meeting was convened in early July 2012 with 3 members of RST and 4 members of RU in attendance, with Mr Graham attending as an observer.

The discussions commenced with no real agenda or structure. The discussions mainly focussed around RangersUnite’s Vision and RST existing membership vehicle and banking system. Gordon Stewart, the Rangers Supporters Trust Secretary suggested and both parties agreed to “suspend” launching any proposals to permit both parties to carry out more diligence to be discussed at a meeting to be convened within two weeks. This was agreed by all parties.

A further meeting took place in Mid July at the offices of Supporters Direct in Glasgow, with 5 members of RST, 5 members of RU, 1 member of Rangers Supporters Assembly, Mr Chris Graham and Mr Paul Goodwin of Supporters Direct being present, All parties were issued with the Rangers Ownership Fund Presentation, which took RU by surprise as this was not what was agreed at the previous meeting. RangersUnite informed all present that they were opposed to changes to agreements without consultation.

The meeting progressed contrary to RU objections and upon conclusion of the meeting Mr Paul Goodwin of Supporters Direct insisted that all parties refrain from discussing matters with external parties, Which was agreed.

The follow up meeting held at the end of July became contentious when it was revealed that the vehicle would be titled “Buy Rangers”, which was opposed by RU due to no consultation and for the first time a proposal that all supporters would have to become members of Rangers Supporters Trust to enable participation. RU opposed these proposals and the meeting was adjourned, with an agreement being reached for all parties to meet again in August.

AUGUST 2012

A meeting has been arranged for the 28th August 2012 in Glasgow, between all parties.

However, there has been no meaningful dialogue between the parties since the adjournment of the last meeting in July. Subsequently it has been discovered that Mr Ian Davidson MP has been requested to become involved in the meetings, again with no consultation or explanation to RU.

It was announced last week that Chris Graham, Ian Davidson MP and Paul Goodwin of Supporters Direct had approached and met with Charles Green to discuss proposals, proposals that have not been created nor have RU approved any items discussed.

Due to the meeting with Charles Green, RU have been requested to attend a meeting on 28th August 2012.

Due to the lack of transparency, democracy and approval of all parties appointment RU shall decide upon any further commitment to such a vehicle and proposal.

I'm not sure how many of these I can allow to slide before I start hitting back. Is this really what Rangers Unite want?

Of course they can expel Trusts from membership. They have received complaints about the Celtic one, and did nothing apart from ask for meaningless assurances which were then ignored anyway. However I take your point in respect of point 4. As for the Board members in Scotland there is definitely an anti-Rangers feeling there.

If SD are not holding cash as was previously suggested and it is held independently then that is fine.

I'm honestly not sure what the board does. SD only have about 4 employees in Scotland. We have no contact with their board but if that is the case then fair enough.

Not that I am advocating it... but you certainly have the option to defend yourself on here Chris.

In fact, if yuo continue to refrain from defending yourself when you believe there to be untruths spoken about you or the situation then I, Sir, commend you on putting the club first before a disagreement is blown up.

I am not sure that such restraint will take place elsewhere though :(

Not that I am advocating it... but you certainly have the option to defend yourself on here Chris.

In fact, if yuo continue to refrain from defending yourself when you believe there to be untruths spoken about you or the situation then I, Sir, commend you on putting the club first before a disagreement is blown up.

I am not sure that such restraint will take place elsewhere though :(

I'm unsure. RU seem to want to pick a fight but frankly there are bigger issues at play than their ego. I have to say I don't like them releasing things full of inaccuracies though.

I'm honestly not sure what the board does. SD only have about 4 employees in Scotland. We have no contact with their board but if that is the case then fair enough.

I guess it's reassuring that you are dealing with the "staff" and not the reps on the board.