Rangers Unite Statement

"Those invited were deemed as fit and proper to represent the majority Support; and are perceived as committed to Rangers Football Club’s wellbeing; and have consistently demonstrated this in both the short and long term."

Who decided all this?

RangersUnite Statement 23rd September

Written by Admin

Sunday, 23 September 2012 21:18

Statement to the Rangers Supporterâ??s Trust â?? 23rd September, 2012

Certain RST Board members are also perceived as divisive within the Rangers Support â?? most notably, Mr.Dingwall.

Which other ones are perceived as divisive? Are they also not to be part of the process? If they can be, then are there different levels of divisiveness and some are OK?

We sincerely hope that the RST take up our offer of engaging in a positive dialogue with RangersUnite and would respectfully ask them to initiate this contact by email to our Executive Administrative Assistant at: eaa@rangersunite.com

RangersUnite are asking that RST begins a new chapter in its history and attempts a â??clean slateâ?? with the Fans.

Is there anyone lower in the RU chain than the Executive Administrative Assistant? Could they try and be any more insulting to the RST?

The RU make great claims about democracy, but they fail to acknowledge that Mark Dingwall was elected at a democratic meeting and they want to insist that their own views overrule the RST's democratic processes.

What is an Executive Administrative Assistant anyway? :D

I'm really quite astounded by this statement. On one hand it makes some interesting points and clearly has the backing of senior fan reps but on the other hand it appears too patronising and exclusive to be genuine.

Are RU taking any questions on this at all?

Edited by Frankie

I think that for the scheme that the RST are proposing that, legally, people have to be members to participate.

It is a major problem given the divisive view that many fans have of the RST and as such they would have been better to have taken another approach.

RU were correct to point this out, but their toys out the pram response, followed up with this amateurish approach to this statement, makes it appear that they are not ready to take things forward.

RU also aren't the first people to point that out to the RST by any stretch of the imagination. I've repeatedly said this to the RST board members who visit Gersnet over the past couple of years or so and there's been a few good discussions about it. I've also proposed that the RST offer free membership as a way to try to attract a large number of fans to join, but they've got issues with that due to the amount of people who've given them money over the years.

What of the RST folded?

How would we buy shares then?

I'm obviously clueless about shares in football teams

The RST will not be folding. Neither will we be contacting the Executive Admin Assistant to beg to be in their gang. As Bluedell pointed out, our Board is elected by our members. I wonder how many people at the meeting could say the same.