Rangers Unite Statement

RU certainly don't seem to hold the concept of confidentiality in high regard.

Yeah, I found it a bit of an oxymoron to mention private discussions where all parties agreed to not release any info.... and now that they feel slighted, have decided to go public with private info.

I would suggest that is not the best tactic to win you friends, supporters nor backers.

Bigy, thanks for that, makes a little more sense there. The reason for suggesting a non-voting membership is more that I can see it causing issues for RST if an investment gives a vote as it would result in a significant reduction of income for them. If I were a member of RST, I'd be very tempted in those circumstances to use the memebrship money to go directly towards the SD mission rather than into RST, and certainly prospective new members would consider the same I'm sure. Plus an influx of "new members" who may have issues witht he RST would potentially use their new membership for mischief, a non-voting registration would eliminate that possibility.

Just to add to that and Bigy's post. We've discussed the membership fee and what it should be. Any time a reduction is discussed the topic, and a very important point, is our life members and subscription members who pay annually might feel aggrieved. It's not off the table as yet and will no doubt be looked at again. An AGM/SGM would have to resolve it as the board couldn't just do this on its own.

Also, any new member in the scheme will see that go to legal fees and marketing for the scheme. All we have to do is set aside enough to cover annual running costs so we don't end up insolvent by flinging everything into the pot.

This scheme would have to give everyone a vote, as we're looking to have actual, tangible voting rights within the club. If it meant me being voted off the board so be it, as long the aim is achieved. That sentiment is shared across the board.

Edited by Stimpy

I'm really unclear about their motivation behind releasing these statements. Is it to de-rail the process and get some attention? Several people seem to have walked away from them including their vice-chair. During the last month they haven't been very transparent themselves, setting up a limited company on 16th August, writing a statement that they were unhappy with the meeting before it even took place and being downright rude to Ian Davidson, Chris Graham and Paul Goodwin during the meeting - people who have spent a substantial amount of time on this. It's very disappointing that they have chosen to release these statements.

I'm really unclear about their motivation behind releasing these statements. Is it to de-rail the process and get some attention? Several people seem to have walked away from them including their vice-chair. During the last month they haven't been very transparent themselves, setting up a limited company on 16th August, writing a statement that they were unhappy with the meeting before it even took place and being downright rude to Ian Davidson, Chris Graham and Paul Goodwin during the meeting - people who have spent a substantial amount of time on this. It's very disappointing that they have chosen to release these statements.

plg, what is the chance of the Trust simply ignoring the statements rather than fanning the flames ? I would hate for this to become yet another pissing contest.

plg, what is the chance of the Trust simply ignoring the statements rather than fanning the flames ? I would hate for this to become yet another pissing contest.

A public slanging match is in no-one's interests Craig. I don't think we'll be saying anything except perhaps let our members know what we are working on.

Just gonna pull this since Chris and I are having a private conversation like adults instead of tossing the lawn furniture out in the yard for the neighbors to see :D

Edited by Shane

A public slanging match is in no-one's interests Craig. I don't think we'll be saying anything except perhaps let our members know what we are working on.

Thanks, and it is heartening to know that this might be the case. The last thing the club and fans need is another public slanging match between factions.

Hopefully RU will take a similar stance now that they have made their statement release.

Just gonna pull this since Chris and I are having a private conversation like adults instead of tossing the lawn furniture out in the yard for the neighbors to see :D

I tried to reply to what you initially typed :D

Thankfully you guys have decided to take it private and discuss like adults..... there may be hope for us Bears yet :thup: