German on Rangers radar as two get set to walk

Tuesday 28 August 2012

RANGERS could strike a deal for German midfielder Michael Fink before their signing ban kicks in on Friday night.

The 30-year-old has arrived at Murray Park in a bid to win a contract with the Ibrox side, and will train with a handful of other trialists who have been under the eye of boss Ally McCoist for the past ten days.

Fink is a free agent after he left Turkish side Samsunspor at the end of last season.

He kicked off his career with VfB Stuttgart before he moved on to Arminia Bielefeld and Eintracht Frankfurt, and then had a spell at Besiktas and Borussia Monchengladbach before he switched to Samsunspor.

There is likely to be more hectic movement in and out this week as McCoist tries to bulk up a squad that wull have to do him before he can sign any further players again in January 2014.

Carlos Bocanegra and Kirk Broadfoot could both quit inside the next 48 hours.

Bocanegra is weighing up his options in France and England, whilst Broadfoot has been in talks about negotiating a release from his deal that runs until the summer of 2013.

That exit is almost certain to be completed shortly, freeing up his £9000 a week salarym and allowing the former St Mirren man - who is currently injured - the opportunity to be a free agent thus signing with teams outwith the window when he gets fit again.

Defensive back-up will need to be sourced if both the US skipper and Broadfoot depart.

McCoist remains keen on Birmingham City midfielder Morgaro Gomis and could look at a loan option, covering some of the former Dundee United man's wages.

He is also believed to be interested in Hearts winger David Templeton is his top option, but he faces competition from Bristol City for his signature.

It is also unlikely that the Jambos would be quick to do business with Ibrox after they were left to wait for their Lee Wallace money when the Ibrox oldco was liquidated.

McCoist is also working on a deal for Malmo striker Daniel Larsson. Moves are being made to see if the Swede would be interested in a move to the Third Division.

Meantime Dorin Goian, who left last week on loan to Italian Serie B side Spezia, insisted today he will be back at Rangers.

The Romanian stopper said: "I am in Italy for a one year loan and that's it. I will be back in Glasgow.

"I'll have my contract with Rangers again and I hope something is going to change and I'll get the chance to play again in the SPL.

"I think it will happen as I heard before I left that many teams will have problems with money this years without Rangers."

* Council and local police chiefs were today in talks with officials at Forres to see whether their 1476 capacity Mosset Park is safe to host their Scottish cup tie with Rangers on September 29. A switch could be made to the likes of Inverness or Aberdeen if the ground is not deemed capable of handling the match.

Has lots of experience I fink.:facepalm:

This guy's played in the German 1st and 2nd league for most his career and I've never even heard of him. Upon seeing a picture of him nothing clicked either. He can't have had too many minutes then can he...

This guy's played in the German 1st and 2nd league for most his career and I've never even heard of him. Upon seeing a picture of him nothing clicked either. He can't have had too many minutes then can he...

It just tells you that you like me do not watch that much German BL footie :)

It is also unlikely that the Jambos would be quick to do business with Ibrox after they were left to wait for their Lee Wallace money when the Ibrox oldco was liquidated.

Factually wrong. They get all the transfer stories in minute detail, but plain official stuff from next door is erroneous ...

I hope we don't sign any loan players, I just don't see the point of it. This should be an opportunity to bring on our younger players. I just have a horrible feeling that the club are letting a chance to rebuild things from top to bottom slip away.

All that just depresses me.

Why would players at 30 years of age, coming to the end of their career, have the motivation or fight to play in 'Cup Finals' every game?

Just what I feared - more veteran players keeping youngsters out of the team. If we are going to sign players at least let them have some sort of sell-on value if they do well. This just smacks of desperation. Pace Ostenstad, Capucho, Faye etc.....

Maybe I have missed something, but the only "veterans" - some would say experienced players - we have signed so far are Cribari and Kyle. Black is not exactly a veteran. Add to that the remaining old hands, i.e. Alexander and McCulloch, and think of 12* months of no-transfers. Fink at 30 is sure no "veteran" at defensive midfield, you see, we are speaking of a German pro. He and the others will bring experience to the training ground as well, something the youngsters can look and learn from. I wouldn't be surprised if we see quite a few of the youngsters being given a chance, not least at Ibrox, where we are bound to win most games *touches wood*.

* we can always sign freebies after that.