German on Rangers radar as two get set to walk

Yeah I agree with DB here. A quick glance at our squad shows we've only got Boca, Alexander, Cribari, Kyle and McCulloch who are over 30 and it's being reported that Bocanegra is leaving. You can add Black, Sheils, Wallace and Sandaza to the 'experienced' pile but after that the squad is very, very young and inexperienced. I'm all for giving youth a chance but you need balance and our squad is probably the youngest it has been for over 100 years just now.

I hope we don't sign any loan players, I just don't see the point of it. This should be an opportunity to bring on our younger players. I just have a horrible feeling that the club are letting a chance to rebuild things from top to bottom slip away.

Loans serve a purpose mate if you can't get the guy you want in a certain transfer window, bring in a loan for cover until you can get him.

Although I'll agree with you all day about the chance of building something will slip away.

It just tells you that you like me do not watch that much German BL footie :)

Factually wrong. They get all the transfer stories in minute detail, but plain official stuff from next door is erroneous ...

dB, this is as tedious as the "McCoist threads". It may be factually wrong but only due to the omission of a couple of words. Should have said "was placed into liquidation". It not being liquidated is a mere technicality and you can be assured that it WILL be liquidated.

Every time you see it, you mention it. But it really isnt a big deal because oldco WILL be liquidated.

I hope we don't sign any loan players, I just don't see the point of it. This should be an opportunity to bring on our younger players. I just have a horrible feeling that the club are letting a chance to rebuild things from top to bottom slip away.

But if our younger players simply arent good enough ? You would still give them game time even if they arent up to the standard required ? I wouldnt. if they arent good enough they dont deserve game time.

I think what must come into play here is potential rather than just judging a player based on current performance. Ally will have to ask himself where he sees a kid by the half of the season or in a year. What assets are already there, which ones are likely to improve, which ones could surface and in general, how is he going to develop? Attitude should be taken into consideration if you ask me. All that together can help getting a clue whether or not a young player is worth getting minutes on the pitch or not.

But I agree craig, there needs a be a minimum amount of performance of course. You won't let anybody put on a blue shirt and let them have a go if they are useless now but could be good in 5 years.

I think what must come into play here is potential rather than just judging a player based on current performance. Ally will have to ask himself where he sees a kid by the half of the season or in a year. What assets are already there, which ones are likely to improve, which ones could surface and in general, how is he going to develop? Attitude should be taken into consideration if you ask me. All that together can help getting a clue whether or not a young player is worth getting minutes on the pitch or not.

But I agree craig, there needs a be a minimum amount of performance of course. You won't let anybody put on a blue shirt and let them have a go if they are useless now but could be good in 5 years.

I agree with your 1st paragraph Dude (loving the name, I go to Vegas with friends every other year and we always have a Lebowski day...) but I would be surprised if McCoist hasnt already been doing that post-admin. If he hasnt then he certainly should have been !

dB, this is as tedious as the "McCoist threads". It may be factually wrong but only due to the omission of a couple of words. Should have said "was placed into liquidation". It not being liquidated is a mere technicality and you can be assured that it WILL be liquidated.

Every time you see it, you mention it. But it really isnt a big deal because oldco WILL be liquidated.

hasnt the process been stopped for now? is it definetely inevitable?

hasnt the process been stopped for now? is it definetely inevitable?

No idea to be honest. But there is little cause for it to be retained. The only thing clouding the issue is GDS and any court proceedings plus whether the authorities go after Whyte, Murray etc. Other than that they will collect whatever monies are due, pay off liabilities and liquidate the company.

Green has no reason to keep oldco given we are now fully operational as newco.

I personally see it as inevitable.

I agree with your 1st paragraph Dude (loving the name, I go to Vegas with friends every other year and we always have a Lebowski day...) but I would be surprised if McCoist hasnt already been doing that post-admin. If he hasnt then he certainly should have been !

Cheers mate. And that is that tremendous indeed, wearing a bath robe and having the occasional caucasian is as good as it gets! Especially in Vegas.

As to the youngsters. I presume Ally has done so, only wanted to point out the time these kids are getting on the park shouldn't exclusively be influenced by their actual performace.

Point regarding the oldco "being liquidated is factually wrong" is that quite a few points are open here. There is the Whyte takeover inquiry, there are outstanding transfer money issues, there's the "big tax" case being drummed about and unconcluded ... but always mentioned with Rangers and the newco - or as they use to do "new club" - is being mentioned playing in Division 3. These are facts, not opinions like our quarrells over McCoist's abilities et al. If they cannot understand a simply difference between someone/-thing being "in adminstration" rather than "in liquidation"(or even already liquidated), where does it leaves them with anything else they report?

Edited by der Berliner