McCoist/Green disciplinary outcome

Disciplinary Proceedings outcomes

Thursday, 30 August 2012

A Fast Track Tribunal convened today in accordance with the Judicial Panel Protocol to consider the following cases:

Alleged Party in Breach: Rangers FC

Date: Sunday, 29th July 2012

Disciplinary Rule(s) allegedly breached:

Disciplinary Rule 2 (By failing to procure that one of Rangers FC's officials, namely Charles Green, Chief Executive, acted in accordance with Disciplinary Rule 1 by (b) failing to comply with Articles 94.1 and 96.7 of the Scottish FA Articles of Association insofar as the said Charles Green brought the game into disrepute and did not act in the best interests of football and by (f) not behaving towards other members with the utmost good faith, all by making comments in a media interview which suggested that decisions taken concerning the future of Rangers FC were motivated, in part, by bigotry).

Outcome: The Judicial Panel found that the complaint against Rangers FC (in respect of Charles Greenâ??s comments) was upheld and a censure was issued.

Rule 1: All member clubs shall:

(a) observe the principles of loyalty, integrity and sportsmanship in accordance with the rules of fair play;

(b) be subject to and comply with the Articles and any statutes, regulations, directives, codes, decisions and International Match Calendar promulgated by the Board, the Professional Game Board, the Non-Professional Game Board, the Judicial Panel Protocol, a Committee or sub-committee, FIFA, UEFA or the Court of Arbitration for Sport;

© recognise and submit to the jurisdiction of the Court of Arbitration for Sport as specified in the relevant provisions of the FIFA Statutes and the UEFA Statutes;

(d) respect of the Laws of the Game;

(e) refrain from engaging in any activity, practice or conduct which would constitute an offence under sections 1, 2 or 6 of the Bribery Act 2010; and

(f) behave towards the Scottish FA and other members with the utmost good faith.

Rule 2: Each member shall procure that its officials, its Team Officials and its players act in accordance with Rule 1.

Alleged Party in Breach: Alistair McCoist, Rangers FC

Date: Tuesday, 24th April 2012

Disciplinary Rule(s) allegedly breached:

(1) Disciplinary Rule 66 (Bringing the game into disrepute by calling into question the independence of the Judicial Panel that sat on 17th, 18th, 20th and 23rd April 2012 in respect of a case against Rangers FC and Craig Whyte).

(2) Disciplinary Rule 71 (Not acting in the best interests of Association Football by calling into question, in a media interview, the independence of the Judicial Panel that sat on 17th, 18th, 20th and 23rd April 2012 in respect of a case against Rangers FC and Craig Whyte).

(3) Disciplinary Rule 71 (Not acting in the best interests of Association Football by requesting, in a media interview, that the members of the Judicial Panel who sat on 17th, 18th, 20th and 23rd April 2012, in respect of a case against Rangers FC and Craig Whyte, be named in public).

Outcome: The Judicial Panel found Mr McCoist to be guilty of charges 1 and 2, with a three-match suspension applied, suspended for 12 months.

Rule 66: No recognised football body, club, official, Team Official or other member of Team Staff, player, referee, or other person under the jurisdiction of the Scottish FA shall bring the game into disrepute.

Rule 71: A recognised football body, club, official, Team Official, other member of Team Staff, player or other person under the jurisdiction of the Scottish FA shall, at all times, act in the best interests of Association Football and shall not act in any manner which is improper.

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=2566&newsCategoryID=1&newsID=10485

RANGERS have today reacted to the SFA’s fast track tribunal decisions on manager Ally McCoist and Chief Executive Charles Green.

McCoist has been given a three-match touchline ban, suspended for one year, while Green has been censured for comments made made to the media.

Green commented: "The decision of the judicial panel was disappointing as they accepted there was no intention on my part to bring the game into disrepute and this is reflected in the sanction imposed.

“I explained to the SFA previously and have said publicly what I meant by my remarks and it is time to move on."

Ally McCoist said: "I can assure everyone that at no time did I intend to bring the game into disrepute when I made my feelings known about the decision by a judicial panel, set up under the auspices of the SFA, to impose a transfer embargo on Rangers.

“I felt the decision was wrong and my concern was that everyone must have full confidence in a system that has the capacity to impose such severe sanctions.

“I wanted full transparency on a decision which had far reaching implications for our club.

"At no time did I wish any individual subjected to intimidation as a result of my comments and I am relieved that this aspect of the complaint was dismissed by the judicial panel today."