Do not buy The Sun - All Phil Mac Gobble Bhoy posts in here

This is a post from a poster 'pennyblack', taken from FF.

Don't know the poster and don't know how true the post.

green evicted two sun journos on Sunday

Heard that he asked them to leave before security kicked them out the door. Dominic Mohan the suns london boss then contacted green about half an hour later to let him know he had personally dealt with the Mcgobbler situation and they were then allowed back in.

yeah I suspected something like this had happened.

Apologies for quoting my own post. I just want to make it clear that

A journalism which is only interested in defending democracy when it suits, which insists on rules for itself but different rules for others, and which silences those who do not fit the template is a perversion of the hard won right to free speech.

means allowing the likes of Roy and Phil the right to free speech, even if what they say is complete rubbish. We can always respond with sanction if we like, such as bans or complaints, but they must be allowed to express their opinions.

That doesn't mean newspapers - even shit ones like The Sun - ought to be paying them. Akin to offering money to Nick Griffen, in truth.

It always amazes me, that we have by far the biggest fan base in Scotland, proved by every game we play, whether by actual attendances or viewing figures.

Yet when it comes to the Scottish Media, there is hardly anyone that fights our corner. The anti Rangers journalists and commentators from all parts of the Media, is out of all proportion to their actual numbers.

We have been asleep for too long.

means allowing the likes of Roy and Phil the right to free speech, even if what they say is complete rubbish. We can always respond with sanction if we like, such as bans or complaints, but they must be allowed to express their opinions.

That doesn't mean newspapers - even shit ones like The Sun - ought to be paying them. Akin to offering money to Nick Griffen, in truth.

Andy they have the right to free speech through their blogs and can pander the minority of sick souls who want to follow them in the online world just as any nutter with a laptop and a website can. No one is arguing that their online ravings be shut down. They still have that right to spout their poison no matter how offensive it might be. We have the right in a civic society to ask the relevant authorities to restrict the size of the platform such people have, if the message is bigoted or racist or verges on hate speak as the Incubator does.

The environment of national newspapers and the standards expected are different from the ranting world of blogs. There is no way any sensible newspaper should have touched Phil McGobshite with a shitty stick if they done any background research. The Sun isn't known for the highest standards of journalism but this is a fuck up on an epic scale. I'm glad that the club and the supporters have stood up and said NO on this. We need to be vigilant and keep fighting these attacks because this won't be the last.

Andy they have the right to free speech through their blogs and can pander the minority of sick souls who want to follow them in the online world just as any nutter with a laptop and a website can. No one is arguing that their online ravings be shut down. They still have that right to spout their poison no matter how offensive it might be. We have the right in a civic society to ask the relevant authorities to restrict the size of the platform such people have, if the message is bigoted or racist or verges on hate speak as the Incubator does.

The environment of national newspapers and the standards expected are different from the ranting world of blogs. There is no way any sensible newspaper should have touched Phil McGobshite with a shitty stick if they done any background research. The Sun isn't known for the highest standards of journalism but this is a fuck up on an epic scale. I'm glad that the club and the supporters have stood up and said NO on this. We need to be vigilant and keep fighting these attacks because this won't be the last.

Absolutely. We (the people) have the right to boycott any organisation that pays, promotes or otherwise supports an individual who voices opinions which we strongly disagree with. You could argue that it's democracy in action.

I'm still astounded that The Sun ever thought it was a good idea to serialise his nonsense.

means allowing the likes of Roy and Phil the right to free speech, even if what they say is complete rubbish.

So people should be allowed to go about deliberately telling lies? Disagree.

It always amazes me, that we have by far the biggest fan base in Scotland, proved by every game we play, whether by actual attendances or viewing figures.

Yet when it comes to the Scottish Media, there is hardly anyone that fights our corner. The anti Rangers journalists and commentators from all parts of the Media, is out of all proportion to their actual numbers.

We have been asleep for too long.

There are two main reasons to defend someone's corner. The first is that they are completely innocent and all criticism is unjustified - that just doesn't apply to the club or the fans.

The second is if you are on some delusional or bigotted crusade and at all costs will defend who you associate with and attack who you hate. There are far more of them for Celtic than for Rangers.

There are other complications and when you see the way many Rangers fans speak of one who does stand up for us - Leggo, then you can understand why very few want to pick up the torch.

You will never get much defenders if your attitude is that you can do what you like and you don't care if everyone hates you. It's a terrible attitude that no neutral likes or wants to stand up for.

Sometimes, when everyone is against you, you have to look at yourself and question your own behaviour and attitudes. Or stop complaining that no-one stands up for you.

I believe they are far worse than us but then that is the reason they are defended by zealous bigots, but to the neutrals we don't do ourselves any favours.

leggo

Tuesday, 4 September 2012

PETER LAWWELL MEETS PHILMACGIOLLABHAIN

CELTIC chief executive Peter Lawwell has met with the man now shamed by the Sun, Philmacgiollabhain.

And I have the photographic evidence which proves the two men were in each other’s company when Celtic were on their recent trip to Philadelphia.

It is almost inconceivable that Celtic chief executive, Scottish Football Association board member and Scottish Premier League powerbroker, Peter Lawwell, did not recognise Philmacgiollabhain or know about his tawdry background.

Just as it is almost inconceivable that Sun editor Andy Harries did not know about Philmacgiollabhain.

Just as it is also almost inconceivable that Andy Harries was given warnings by many on his staff about Philmacgiollabhain before he handed over two pages of the Sun on Sunday to Philmacgiollabhain’s wild fantasies.

Plus promising that Philmacgiollabhain’s book would be serialised in the Sun this week.

But the Sun editor, known to Sun hacks as Halfwit Harries, got a shock and reneged on his deal with Philmacgiollabhain when Rangers supporters made it clear they were organising a boycott of the paper.

That was when Harries finally took notice of Philmacgiollabhain's background and pulled the plug.

In fact Halfwit Harries went even further. He kept digging a hole for himself by admitting the newspaper he is editor of published a thousand words of unsubstantiated allegations by Philmagiollabhain.

And then did the deal to serialise Philmacgiollabhain’s book without doing any research on what kind of character they were dealing with.

It is all there is the cringing Sun editorial in Monday’s paper.

If true, it reveals a staggering level of incompetence and ineptitude of a degree I have never before encountered in nearly half a century in the business.

In fact, one old pal, a former tabloid editor, snorted his derision at the Harries claims, adding that if true, the next piece of paper Halfwit Harries should be reading is his P45.

I’m not so sure. I worked with Harries for two years on the Scottish Daily Express during the mid 1990s when, if memory serves me well, he was either the number three or four on the paper.

During that time there was one word most of the experienced and talented hacks on the paper used to describe Harries. Dud!

However, there was one thing which the Sun editorial – known in the inky trade as the leader – got right and which shames Philmacgiollabhain.

Philmacgiollabhain has previously published many a rant which spews bigoted views about Rangers and Rangers supporters and which verge on racist attacks on Scotland and the Scots.

Which takes us back to Philadelphia, Celtic and the man many see as the most powerful figure in Scottish football, Celtic chief executive, Scottish Football Association board member and Scottish Premier League powerbroker, Peter Lawwell.

Now, we do not know if the meeting between Peter Lawwell and Philmacgiollabhain, which was captured by the camera and is freely available on a number of Celtic websites, was pre-arranged or a chance encounter.

But we do know it is not the first time Peter Lawwell has met with somebody who is a well known bigot.

How do we know? Because the bigot in question, Joe O’Rourke, has told us.

Joe O’Rourke is the General Secretary of the Official Celtic Supporters’ Association who said that he wanted to see Protestants drowned.

He remains the General Secretary of the Official Celtic Supporters’ Association and as such has privileged access to talk with Peter Lawwell on matters affecting his 26,000 members.

Just what this tells us about those 26,000 Celtic supporters who allow themselves to be represented by a man who is on record as saying he wants to see Protestant drowned, is something I will leave for others to decide.

Just as they can make up their own minds about what it tells us about Peter Lawwell.

And, just as others can also decide what it tells us about Scottish football, when a man, Peter Lawwell, who is a close pal of Scottish Football Association chief executive Stewart Regan, is a board member of the Scottish Football Association, plus a serious Scottish Premier League powerbroker, continues to meet the bigot Joe O’Rourke and is pictured in the company of Philmacgiollabhain.

No doubt there are some sections of the Celtic support – the Green Brigade? – who would be furious if Peter Lawwell publicly denounced Joe O’Rourke and Philmacgiollabhain.

Just as there are some sections of the Celtic support – the Green Brigade? – who would be even more furious if they discovered some of the others Peter Lawwell may been sitting down with in private.