Do not buy The Sun - All Phil Mac Gobble Bhoy posts in here

Govan Allan wrote:

If you continually hammer any person or group or even animal without one glimmer of hope they will quickly turn around and tell you to do one I'll do what I like, the alternative isn't any different.

So until the rangers fans start getting a balanced view from the media don't expect anything to change in fact expect those feelings to get more and more entrenched, and to be honest who could blame us.

As much as I wish we would be more proactive in addressing one or two minor issues of taste, I totally agree with this. The bottom line is they will always find something to complain about as long as Rangers exists. Doesn't mean we should ignore our lapses, but if the aim is to get into the good books of others you might as well forget it.

Big Gordy wrote:

Mentally ill narcissist mcgillivan, was formally an official with the SNP, are we going to sleepwalk to a "sinn fein" party in the Scottish Government or are we going to stand up now for the 85% ?

Do you actually believe this?

Lies purporting to be facts, lies liable to lead to civil unrest, and lies to promote a book at the expense of others should not be considered free speech.

Anything else sounds a bit 'mind-control'-esque. You'd be as well trying to outlaw stupidity.

The problem is not so much people lying, as liars being given a platform from which to lie. There's far more editorial rigour needed - media today seems to think that bloggers and fanzine writers are a good source of writers. There's a reason they never made it as writers in the first place - they're not good enough. Jim Spence, CQN, Div from Pie & Bovril...the list goes on. If you, as an editor, choose to employ trumpets who sound as though O grade English was a struggle, you are going to have to put up with the results.

I agree with what you're saying but you're missing one of my points. If you're as pure as the driven snow and you are still attacked for everything, people will start to stick up for you. Some of the neutrals will start to get the message that your are being victimised and then the credibility of your accusers will start to crack and a golden circle created.

You are right about human nature but then it takes a wiser man to see that his negative actions, while understandable, are not helping his situation.

There is nothing wrong with cleaning up your act and still fighting hard for fairness. You are likely to eventually be applauded for it - just look at Gandi and Martin Luther King. Hitting back with negative behaviour will only reinforce the propaganda against you.

As I've said before, there is nothing wrong with flying the national flag - but you'll be caught out by your own actions if you do it zealously. If you always act with propriety then the ammunition against you will dry up and people will start to see things how they are.

When people see how we are at the moment, they see a glimpse of something that does actually slightly fit the slander against us and so it looks justified. People are generally a bit one dimensional that way.

Sorry if this sounds defeatist: Yes it would be good to clean up our image, but you will never get 100% of our support behaving themselves properly. Negative propogandists aren't interested in giving a balanced representation, and as long as one example is there that fits their story they'll use it.

Sadly, we've reached a point were we have to stoop to their level and employ the same tactics against them that they use against us.

Spot on andy.

Economics drives the media. The Sun didn't decide to serialise that book because they wanted the 'story' to get a bigger audience it was because they thought it would generate some headlines and increase circulation. When it became clear it would have the opposite effect they dropped it. Chasing profit is destroying the media bit by bit, this was simply another example of it.

Govan Allan wrote:

As much as I wish we would be more proactive in addressing one or two minor issues of taste, I totally agree with this. The bottom line is they will always find something to complain about as long as Rangers exists. Doesn't mean we should ignore our lapses, but if the aim is to get into the good books of others you might as well forget it.

Big Gordy wrote:

Do you actually believe this?

Tell me why this couldn't happen Andy.

As I said earlier, by using the facts only, one can deduce this as a possible future scenario.

Without having a crystal ball, there are plenty facts pointing in this direction.

Hitler didn't wake up one morning and decide to run the nazi party without putting in the ground work, did he ?

Salmond cosying up to "former" ira leadership. McGuinness et al.

Is McGillivan STILL an "SNP republican rebel" ? A label he called himself at one point

SNP modelling itself on the now dead "Tiger Economy" of the Republic.

The steady flow of "Scottish anti- Irish/catholic hatred" which apparently is prevalent in Scotland.

And, an SNP determined to break away from Britain !!

C'mon Biggordy everyone including Ian Paisley has 'cosied up' to Martin McGuinness, I'm no fan of Salmond but you can hardly criticise him for that, McGuinness is the deputy First Minister after all.

I'm no fan of any form of nationalism but to compare the SNP with Sinn Fein and the Nazi party under Hitler is stupid, that just makes you look ridiculous.

Sorry if this sounds defeatist: Yes it would be good to clean up our image, but you will never get 100% of our support behaving themselves properly. Negative propogandists aren't interested in giving a balanced representation, and as long as one example is there that fits their story they'll use it.

Maybe not, but it's time way changed the attitude of the moderates that go along with the less than savoury stuff because so many are doing it.

We have to ask ourselves who helped persuade the Sun to change their mind? Was it the load of sensible bears for whom they say, "Most were reasonable, and wanted to point out some of the other material that the author carries on his website" or was it, "Others, many of whom had clearly not read the interview, immediately engaged in the kind of disgusting abuse that sadly infects some of Scottish football’s blogs and forums"?

I believe it was the former, and good on them.

Sadly, we've reached a point were we have to stoop to their level and employ the same tactics against them that they use against us.

And isn't one of their tactics to try and make everyone like them? There's a bit of a contradiction there.

I think we're all a bit on edge and slightly paranoid at the moment -the conspiracy theories start to sound more and more plausible.

However, I think it probably is true to say that a combination of "positive" discrimination and croneyism has lead to a bias in the media and, to an extent, the authorities.

And isn't one of their tactics to try and make everyone like them? There's a bit of a contradiction there.

I was thinking of their habit of crying foul on others when I wrote that.

All I meant was, maybe it's time for us to start putting more effort into bringing their antics to the attention of the police, UEFA, and the press in general.

For the avoidance of doubt, yes, I agree that we as a club should crack down a bit more on the anti-social behaviour that a minority of our fans exhibit. I don't expect that it will stop the accusations flying in our direction though.