Andrew Dickson, Head of Football Administration

Anyone know much about him? Occurred to me that with all the changes we've gone through at boardroom level the last few years and a total new regime being in place now, apart from Sandy Jardine, Andrew Dickson seems to be the only guy that has survived.

Appears to have worked pretty closely with Charles Green and sits with him in the box at games, suppose that's come from all the football authority meetings. I know his role was 'financial controller' at one point so I don't know how big a role he'd have had in Murray's mismanagement, but he must be admired at what he does to still be here when pretty much no-one else is!

Andrew Dickson was appointed as number 2 in the finance department around 1991.

I went for the job at the same time. I was interviewed by a Murray HR girl through in Edinburgh (Gyle), who told me all about Rangers, which was quite amusing as I obviously knew far more than her about it. I came away from the interview feeling that they were looking for someone slightly less experienced than me and as it turned out I did not get offered the job. It certainly seemed that there was a bit of work required on match days that would result in missing some of the games and I wasn't too bothered.

From memory, Dickson seems to have been well thought of and was promoted to Financial Controller 10 years later, although still number 2 to Douglas Odam who was Finance Director at that point.

At some point during the last 10 years (I can't remember when) he moved out of the Finance Department and became Head of Football Admin, perhaps taking over much of the responsibilities that Campbell Ogilvie had. He has never been a formal Director.

He has been sitting in the Directors Box (on the back row) for a number of years and I'm sure his knowledge and experience would be invaluable to Green.

We shouldn't have anyone from the last two regime's involved in the running of the club.

There aren't any directors left from the previous 2 regimes. Anyone below that level never had any real authority and would not be "running the club". Can't see any problem with keeping competent staff and getting rid of them and replacing them with people with no experience seems pointless.