b2580c8013b9b11cb22b7b3e60685368_S.jpg

BOSS Ally McCoist has admitted he would have liked more strength in depth in his squad as he contemplates a year-long signing ban but is pleased with the quality he has brought in.

The manager made no secret that he wanted a handful of players before the window shut last Friday night.

However, he is ready to drive Rangers forward with the players he has at his disposal â?? and in any case he can do nothing else.

McCoist told RangersTV: â??I wonâ??t lie. I was on record we wanted four or five players to strengthen the squad but we didnâ??t get them. We had one in and one out at the end of the final day.

â??I wasnâ??t happy with the numbers but there is no point in mumping and moaning about it. We just have to get on with it.

â??We are definitely light on the left hand side and we are also light at centre back so we will have to be lucky with injuries and suspensions.

â??However, we have brought some great boys in and Iâ??m absolutely delighted we have done that and I would be very hopeful they would bring success in SFL 3.

â??We have good players from middle to front who can make things happen and score goals.

â??Templeton and Shiels can play at any level in the country and Andy Little and Big Lee have been chipping in with a great ratio of goals.

â??We also have Ian Black and Lewis Macleod in midfield and they are both great passers.â?

Two other signings â?? Fran Sandaza and Kevin Kyle â?? are still working on fitness but McCoist hopes it wonâ??t be long before the two strikers are in top shape.

He said: â??Fran has had a slight hamstring problem and he is now having a chance to have a mini pre-season which will probably help him.

â??He could have been on the bench at the Elgin game but itâ??s probably more important that he looks longer term and gets some hard training done and works with the physios.

â??Big Kevin has been working really hard and still has a bit to go but we are trying to fix up some bounce games that will help him.â?

WATCH THE FULL INTERVIEW NOW ON RANGERSTV