McCoist Hits Back At Critics

86f46ca3cde59dd03fcaa9ad1eba63ce_S.jpg

ALLY McCOIST has hit out at critics who are â??annoyedâ? by the response of the Rangers fans and he cannot believe the flak aimed at some of his signings.

The manager is of the view that certain people are upset by the remarkable support despite the new environment Rangers find themselves in since the tortuous administration process.

And he is far from happy at the unjustified criticism some of his signings have received for daring to join Rangers in SFL 3.

Speaking to RangersTV, McCoist said: â??Itâ??s bizarre. I have noticed that in some sections people are annoyed at the way our fans have reacted.

â??We are where we are. We said we would accept it. The fans wanted it and the fans got it.

â??The support that they have shown this club is absolutely remarkable.

â??I will maybe give people out-with this club the benefit of the doubt for being a little bit surprised by what has happened.

â??The criticism that some players have had for signing for us is absolutely ridiculous.

â??I do respect the vast majority of journalists. You donâ??t always agree with them but you take their opinions on board.

â??But itâ??s interesting to note that the vast majority who had a go at David Templeton for coming donâ??t know the club and have never played the game.

â??Now Iâ??m not saying you have to have played the game to know the game.

â??But the point Iâ??m trying to make is if you have played the game at a high level and you do know this club then it is more understandable that these decisions have been made by good players.

â??They have been accused of going for the money which is absolute nonsense. And even if it was the case they are quite entitled to do so because in any other profession or walk of life you would look after your family.

â??But there is a lot more to it than that. Anyone who would question people coming to this club were perhaps not at the game last Sunday when there were 46,000 reasons to come to this club.â?

WATCH McCOIST NOW ON RANGERSTV

This may not be popular but I am liking more and more the defensive stance being taken by both Ally and Charles Green.

We, as a support, have been screaming out for our custodian to defend the club for more than a decade. Well, now we have it. And I, for one, like it.

This may not be popular but I am liking more and more the defensive stance being taken by both Ally and Charles Green.

We, as a support, have been screaming out for our custodian to defend the club for more than a decade. Well, now we have it. And I, for one, like it.

I don't know why you think it may be an unpopular statement as I think it will be a very popular statement.

I don't know why you think it may be an unpopular statement as I think it will be a very popular statement.

I think there are still many in our support who would prefer the "dignified silence" approach pete.

I'll admit to still being a bit dignified silence.

All the hot air from critics over our support and signings has been music to my ears. I enjoy listening to other people suffering, seeing as I've had to put up with it for ages! We all know they are scraping every excuse together they can while desperately trying to avoid saying 'it's coz we hate Rangers'...I dunno why they are so shy, we had noticed our unpopularity.

But I don't need the club to publicly respond to whining from arseholes. I don't object to them doing it, I just don't personally feel any happier or unhappier based on a club statement. I remember years ago, Walter dug up Tommy Burns for two or three days in a row and it really was devastating because it was so unexpected. Get a rep for doing your talking in public and it has less effect. Anyway, I can see why Ally feels the need to reply; you'd need a hide of rhino skin not to get cranky at our coverage.

I could understand the dignified silence position if there was any sign of the tide turning. All it does is encourage our detractors to steal another inch, take a bit more rope or give us a further kick to the guts.

There is no sign of anyone outside Rangers friendly bloggers saying enough is enough. Rangers are cleaning up their act. We need to start looking at others. What are they doing about bigotry or anti-social behaviour etc etc.

But there's no sign of that at all except from what; Leggo and Bill McMurdo.

When we admit our failings, no one else does the same. The view seems to be "see they are the problem, lets continue until it's eradicated".

I'll admit to still being a bit dignified silence.

All the hot air from critics over our support and signings has been music to my ears. I enjoy listening to other people suffering, seeing as I've had to put up with it for ages! We all know they are scraping every excuse together they can while desperately trying to avoid saying 'it's coz we hate Rangers'...I dunno why they are so shy, we had noticed our unpopularity.

But I don't need the club to publicly respond to whining from arseholes. I don't object to them doing it, I just don't personally feel any happier or unhappier based on a club statement. I remember years ago, Walter dug up Tommy Burns for two or three days in a row and it really was devastating because it was so unexpected. Get a rep for doing your talking in public and it has less effect. Anyway, I can see why Ally feels the need to reply; you'd need a hide of rhino skin not to get cranky at our coverage.

Ally needs to learn the hard way and build up his experience as a manager just the same as Walter had to. By the end of his last spell as our manager Walter was really wise to the press and their shite and didn't take any shit, but Ally has to walk his own path and learn from his own mistakes as he moves forwards. I actually think he's learning quite quickly, but he still needs to look at choosing his battles because the media won't be as friendly as they could be towards him this early in his managerial career if he takes swipes at them.