McCoist Hits Back At Critics

Was listening to Talksport yesterday and some so called Journo called Keith Jackson (ive never heard of him) was saying how the huge turnouts in crowds had to do with malice. How do these people get the time of day!!!

I could understand the dignified silence position if there was any sign of the tide turning. All it does is encourage our detractors to steal another inch, take a bit more rope or give us a further kick to the guts.

There is no sign of anyone outside Rangers friendly bloggers saying enough is enough. Rangers are cleaning up their act. We need to start looking at others. What are they doing about bigotry or anti-social behaviour etc etc.

But there's no sign of that at all except from what; Leggo and Bill McMurdo.

When we admit our failings, no one else does the same. The view seems to be "see they are the problem, lets continue until it's eradicated".

Yes, I agree, but with one or two reservations.

I still don't believe we have done quite enough to say we have cleaned up our act completely, though. Still a work in progress for me. I hope I just missed it, but has the club banned the two lunatics who sent the bombs to Lennon? A public condemnation is a must. Have we done away with the F word? Not quite, but it has to go. Not saying other teams have no issues but until we have solved ours we are and will remain vulnerable to the haters.

Any points McMurdo might raise about others will inevitably be drowned in the tidal wave of hate for anything non-Unionist in his blogs. If he stuck to football he might get an audience; as it is, he'll just be viewed as another one unable to seperate football from baggage and so worthy of being ignored.

There's no question we get a raw deal - I was unfortunate enough to succumb to curiosity and look at a Motherwell forum when we drew them, and quickly left. The hate is amazing. As Timotei is quick to almost comment, if you replace the word Hun with any other group you'd be in big trouble. I can live with it, but it's a bit unfair that we get slaughtered while others can say whatever they like!

I still don't believe we have done quite enough to say we have cleaned up our act completely, though. Still a work in progress for me. I hope I just missed it, but has the club banned the two lunatics who sent the bombs to Lennon? A public condemnation is a must.

Why? WTF has it got to do with Rangers? Why should the club get dragged into something that has nothing to do with it?

I still don't believe we have done quite enough to say we have cleaned up our act completely, though. Still a work in progress for me. I hope I just missed it, but has the club banned the two lunatics who sent the bombs to Lennon? A public condemnation is a must. Have we done away with the F word? Not quite, but it has to go. Not saying other teams have no issues but until we have solved ours we are and will remain vulnerable to the haters.

Any points McMurdo might raise about others will inevitably be drowned in the tidal wave of hate for anything non-Unionist in his blogs. If he stuck to football he might get an audience; as it is, he'll just be viewed as another one unable to seperate football from baggage and so worthy of being ignored.

There's no question we get a raw deal - I was unfortunate enough to succumb to curiosity and look at a Motherwell forum when we drew them, and quickly left. The hate is amazing. As Timotei is quick to almost comment, if you replace the word Hun with any other group you'd be in big trouble. I can live with it, but it's a bit unfair that we get slaughtered while others can say whatever they like!

Well for one thing by definition alone a bomb must actually be able to explode which the two boxes of bits would never have done so that's wrong.

Why oh why should Rangers have issued a statement to say their banned that's just ludicrous and shows just how low we have fallen if you think it deserved a response from Rangers.

Fed up to the back teeth with these threads and the first thing out is well we need to clean up our act first, no club or support in the country has done more than Rangers and for what absolutely nothing. The rest have just carried as if nothing happened so they can all go f#^k themselves.

Didn't mean to suggest we had cleaned up our act completely. More that we had done it significantly. And with a club supported by hundreds of thousands across a wide spectrum of society I don't think you can expect any club to completely clean up its act. It is the fact that we have tried and largely been successful whilst others are still given a free pass that is telling to me.

And the use of McMurdo etc was my point. We really only have two outcast bloggers that no one bar some of the Rangers support takes seriously. If the dignified silence stuff worked you'd get more main stream media making the case for us. So I wasn't putting these bloggers up as some sort of decent journo's. More pointing out what it says about the rest of the media in Scotland that its only marginalised bloggers who make this argument.

Hadn't read the posts after andy's before my first reply above. But again they show up the ridiculousness (is that a word) of the dignified silence.

Rangers are to apologise for things nothing to do with the club and ban people.

Yet no one questions that Celtic don't ban the regular missile throwers, pitch invaders and perpetrators of assault at their pit.

and don't forget their Anti-poppy banner and the "F*** UEFA" banner.

But, but we still have a couple of stupid muppets who want to shout F***** we still have loads more we can still do. :facepalm:

If Rangers stopped doing anymore right this minute at trying to be super clean we would still be head and shoulders above the rest, so it's time the support stopped dipping its head and saying Yes Sir, No Sir and held it's chin high and told them no more.

Hadn't read the posts after andy's before my first reply above. But again they show up the ridiculousness (is that a word) of the dignified silence.

Rangers are to apologise for things nothing to do with the club and ban people.

Yet no one questions that Celtic don't ban the regular missile throwers, pitch invaders and perpetrators of assault at their pit.

Never happens SA, and if the c#*ts in the media won't report it no pressure will be applied to them, Christ even the times it is applied ( poppy banner ) they issue a pishy statement and then nothing because the pressure isn't kept on them. Can you imagine the uproar if our support had a banner with " No Famine Memorial in our City ".

If it wasn't so serious it would be laughable.