Rangers Plots Stock Market Return

As I've said before, I fear that Green will find that there's a massive difference between fans getting behind the club and buying season tickets and investing in shares after seeing their previous investments turn worthless. Buying a season ticket and being confident that I will be able to attend the games this season is totally different from buying shares.

I'm reasonably happy with Green and the way he is running the club and I have a fair amount of trust in him, but has he done enough that I'm going to pay over, say, £1,000 in shares?

I just don't see what anyone could do to get rid of the unease that has been created Murray and Whyte that makes me think that I may not invest.

I will study what is being issued and would like to feel that I will invest but it may be a case of once bitten.... and there will probably be many feeling the same as me.

I think it's a bit premature to float so quickly, it gives an impression of a cut and run. A full years accounts would have been nice so we could get a bigger picture of what's actually being sold.

This will be purely an investment of the heart and not the head, I'm minded to let the float pass and wait and buy in the market but if the minimum is set low enough I may just succumb to temptations of heart.

Rangers Appoint City Adviser Written by Lindsay Herron

7a93221fba5bbc5da8f2ad532adb1720_XL.jpg

The Rangers Football Club Limited confirmed today the appointment of Cenkos Securities to assist with plans to raise additional capital for the Club.

Chief Executive Charles Green said: “From the day the consortium I led became owners of Rangers we have repeatedly stated our intention to raise additional capital for the Club and would explore all avenues, which may or may not include a stock market listing.

“We are pleased to announce that we have now appointed Cenkos Securities to assist with our plans. We are still in the preliminary stages of this process and will make further announcements once the Club has been able to consider its plans in further detail.”

• 2 weeks later...

Tuesday, 18 September 2012 10:03

Club Statement

Written by Rangers Football Club

a195021f8f398ee1a8e620341461d2dd_XL.jpg

FOLLOWING the announcement that The Rangers Football Club has appointed Cenkos to advise the club in relation to its plans to raise further capital, The Rangers Football Club announces today that it has appointed Capita Registrars to provide share registration services.

Charles Green, Chief Executive of Rangers, said: “From the outset, the consortium which purchased the Club has stated its commitment to giving supporters and the wider public the opportunity to buy shares in Rangers.

"The appointment of Cenkos Securities plc and Capita Registrars are important steps in the process and we are looking to continue making good progress on these matters.”

The Rangers Football Club will make further details available shortly and expects that fans will have an opportunity to register their interest in purchasing shares in The Rangers Football Club in October.

Do we feel this will be aimed at the average supporter looking to buy some 'sentimental' shares or at the corporate investor looking for profit, or indeed both? Does anyone know how many separate shareholders Rangers had before?