You've been in Bermuda too long Craig, and forgot what happens to a council pitch half way through winter, mudbath would be an understatement. Had the two oldest up in arms last year when they kept sliding all over the place and had to get them normal boots.

They have all now taken up golf as well so can imagine how much that cost me come birthday time in June.

The 4G surface over at Ravenscraig where the wee ones play is absolutely brilliant wish I could've played on that instead of the sandy carpet they called artificial grass back in the day.

Fair point Sir, we dont get it quite as bad as you guys.

I used to still slide tackle on the sand artificial stuff, and on the ash too - I remember clearing a shot off the line on asphalt with a slide... Felt great clearing a certain goal at the time..... but for the next week I was picking bits of ash out of my leg - and it burned like a mothertrucker !!

My 7 yr old got PING golf clubs for his birthday last year and is constantly getting the newest boots.... thank fck I only have the one kid. That said, his birthday is next week and he is getting a skateboard and the only other thing he is doing is sponsoring a World Vision Kid http://www.worldvision.org and anyone coming to his party can contribute to the sponsorship of the Kid - so some unselfish deed to go with his birthday.

Fair point Sir, we dont get it quite as bad as you guys.

I used to still slide tackle on the sand artificial stuff, and on the ash too - I remember clearing a shot off the line on asphalt with a slide... Felt great clearing a certain goal at the time..... but for the next week I was picking bits of ash out of my leg - and it burned like a mothertrucker !!

My 7 yr old got PING golf clubs for his birthday last year and is constantly getting the newest boots.... thank fck I only have the one kid. That said, his birthday is next week and he is getting a skateboard and the only other thing he is doing is sponsoring a World Vision Kid http://www.worldvision.org and anyone coming to his party can contribute to the sponsorship of the Kid - so some unselfish deed to go with his birthday.

Ah the old nail brush in the bath once you got home remember it well, think I've still got bits of Lanarkskire grit imbedded into my thighs.

That's a great idea with his birthday need to keep that one in mind. :thup: