I think my granny may have knitted the socks. They look like the ones I got for xmas.:)

I wore shin pads like that, the rubber backing was thick. The boots I had laced up well above my ankles.

Used to grease them with Dubbin to keep the leather supple

I wore shin pads like that, the rubber backing was thick. The boots I had laced up well above my ankles.

Used to grease them with Dubbin to keep the leather supple

i never had laces up to my ankles but i do remember having to dubbin the ball and my boots. Heading the laces in the ball is also a memory I won't forget. I also remember playing with a mould master ball. if the ball hit your thigh hard on a cold day you were left with little dimples all over your thigh.:)

The bladder was heavy and if you hedied it a lot you'll be gibbering in a loony bin by now.

met the mouldmaster in secondary school.......bounced around a lot especially on ash pitches

ah'd blooter it into a center forward's face if he showed signs of taking me to the cleaners

The bladder was heavy and if you hedied it a lot you'll be gibbering in a loony bin by now.

met the mouldmaster in secondary school.......bounced around a lot especially on ash pitches

ah'd blooter it into a center forward's face if he showed signs of taking me to the cleaners

I went to Woodside school and played at the red ash pitches at Blairdardie, so we always played with a mouldmaster. We couldn't believe our luck when we had to travel out of Glasgow for a cup game and played on a grass park. It was like Heaven.