Daily Record: Read the secret dossier...

would it be stupid though. he sells it as an sfa conspiracy. an easy sell as it is and we have previous for lapping that one up.

he gets a much larger turnover and let's be honest probably signs the same players.

GS You would need to be blind deaf and dumb not to see that the dodgy dossier's first draft, was a complete stitch up. I have spoken to Green several times now (Stalker Loyal) he is not deaf dumb nor blind.

would it be stupid though. he sells it as an sfa conspiracy. an easy sell as it is and we have previous for lapping that one up.

he gets a much larger turnover and let's be honest probably signs the same players.

So then fans find out he capitulated the titles and trophies, massive fan backlash, no season ticket renewals and no floatation... Sounds a bit risky to me - and yes, stupid.

I think Green is way, way too canny to fall for that one.

Rangers: Scottish FA to issue a statement on EBTs

The Scottish Football Association is expected to issue a statement regarding Rangers' use of employee benefit trusts within the next 48 hours.

The Scottish Premier League's chief executive Neil Doncaster declined to comment on reports they wanted Rangers to accept the loss of league titles.

A three-man tribunal has been set-up by the SPL to investigate Rangers' possible use of EBTs as dual contracts.

Ibrox chief executive Charles Green has questioned the panel's independence.

And former Rangers owner Sir David Murray has denied any undisclosed payments to players and staff were made during his stewardship of the club.

The tribunal, headed by Lord Nimmo Smith, are investigating the period 2000-2011, years in which Rangers are alleged to have used dual contracts.

Green is unhappy with the investigation, believing the outcome has already been determined.

SPL investigation

• The SPL is investigating how Rangers paid players between 2000 and 2011
  • SPL said in June Rangers had "a prima facie case to answer in respect of [league] rules"
  • Independent commission, chaired by Lord Nimmo Smith, will rule on matter
  • There are 18 available sanctions should the club be found in breach of SPL rules

"The SPL appoint the jury, set the outcome and set the punishment before the trial," he said.

Nimmo Smith then took the unusual step of defending the tribunal's impartiality after Green's claims.

The tribunal is due to convene in November, but Green has already made it clear that Rangers will not attend .

BBC Scotland requested an interview with both Neil Doncaster and SFA chief executive Stuart Regan on Monday. Doncaster said it would be inappropriate to comment because of the imminent hearing and the SFA's chief executive was also unavailable but a statement is expected on either Monday or Tuesday.

Rangers' use of EBTs are subject to a separate probe from HMRC, with a decision due in October .

BBC Scotland has seen evidence, which was submitted to the courts, suggesting that 53 Rangers players and staff had side-letters giving undertakings to fund their sub-trusts with cash.

SFA rules state that all payments made to players in respect of their earnings from football must be declared by their club.

If found guilty of breaching the SFA's and the SPL's rules, one possible sanction is the stripping of league titles won during the period under investigation, a punishment the club have said they would strenuously challenge.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19702547

So then fans find out he capitulated the titles and trophies, massive fan backlash, no season ticket renewals and no floatation... Sounds a bit risky to me - and yes, stupid.

I think Green is way, way too canny to fall for that one.

he would have been able to admitt the capitulation and blame the sfa. I'm not sure how much it would have affected season books.

it would however have achieved greater returns and indeed Europe a year sooner.

guidi and khevins reaconed he had agreed to this on Clyde the other night. though much as I don't trust Charles I woukdnt put any great stock in their ramblings. other than to say they do both work at the record.

The scary thing for me is the contents of this dossier didn't even shock me.

This is two of our sports major governing bodies conniving to try and punish a member team for something we haven't even been found guilty of ffs. But as i said the antics of the SFA and SPL don't even surprise me anymore.