Green In Murray Talks

Green In Murray Talks Written by Lindsay Herron

ce3beed3a0264eac927573dda0dfb038_XL.jpg

CHARLES GREEN has struck a deal to purchase Edmiston House after a meeting with Sir David Murray in Edinburgh yesterday when the former owner also pledged his support in the fight with the authorities over the use of EBTs.

Speaking exclusively to RangersTV, the chief executive revealed that the two men had met for the first time and that the former owner was a very good source of information.

Edmiston House is situated behind the Copland Road stand and offers three floors of office space and was previously owned and used by Murrayâ??s Response Handling company.

It was previously a venue for the Ticket Centre and the Rangers Social Club.

Green told RangersTV: â??I met Sir David for the first time yesterday. Indeed I hadnâ??t even spoken with him before.

â??We had a good chat and we talked about a number of subjects.

â??Sir David is really keen to help the club. I welcome that and I appreciate the time we spent together.

â??He has some clear views in terms of EBTs and there is no-one knows better than Sir David about that and he is prepared to do whatever is required to set the record straight.

â??From a tangible point of view one of the things we went to discuss was trying to acquire Edmiston House because that would be very important to my plans.

â??I think we have agreed in principle a deal on that. So he has helped the club by coming to an acceptable deal on that and that is very much appreciated.

â??We have some plans for the property and these will be unveiled in the future.â?

â??I am looking forward to seeing him and meeting with him again because he has a wealth of knowledge of Rangers Football Club. He was very important to this club over the last 20 years.â?

Murray, of course, has been under fire from fans for transferring ownership to Craig Whyte last May which, in turn, led to the horrendous turmoil of the last six months due to Whyteâ??s refusal to hand over PAYE, NIC and VAT payments to HMRC.

Green said: â??He did sell the club to Craig Whyte and thatâ??s history now. Sir David wouldnâ??t have been the first person that made a mistake with Mr Whyte but we all have to move on.

â??Whilst there may be some fans who are unhappy with Sir David there were lots of fans who were unhappy with Charles Green and I would like to think we have forward on that as well.â?

Interesting developments? not so much about Edmiston house, which by the way is welcome. But more about the rehabilitation of SDM's reputation and standing amongst the wider Rangers family.

Still a lot of work to be done there, but if this goes the way we are all hoping and we win the EBT case. Then victory over the title thieves with the subsequent demise of the SPL and removal of certain individuals at the SFA/Celtic cabal. Murray might yet retain a legacy worth remembering?