Slightly concerned about feedback from Green's NI trip

Do you think our influence matches our numbers?

No mate it doesn't but that's because Scottish society has moved on from the dark old days you talk about when you didn't get a top job if you were a Catholic. In today's Scotland it makes no difference what school you went to, but don't let the facts get in the way of the Catholic community still claiming they are the downtrodden poor wee souls by the big bad proddies helped along by a compliant media.

Wrong again if Celtic want to think their Irish Catholic that's up to them, I've no problem with it. What I have a problem with is their love of a terrorist organisation and how they promote it.

Maybe someone on here can tell me why Celtic are praised for holding there Catholic heritage up high, but we are called bigots for doing the same with our Protestant heritage.

I kind of agree with you here. Rangers were lambasted by many for their signing policy many years ago but I always got the impression that if the mhanks did this, they would play the "upholding our culture" card. Much like Bilbao and their Basques only rule.

So we lambast the Celtic support for trumpeting their divisive religious and cultural heritage but encourage our own club to do the same? The last couple of pages of this thread has been a master class in hypocrisy. To "move on" we've to go back to the 17th Century first?

Utter nonsense.

You may not like that 17th century you talk about, but to cast one of the most important moments in British history away as just nonsense is in fact the biggest pile of nonsense I've heard.

Seriously, they wave the flag of a foreign country likes its a comfort blanket and its the jolly Irish craicsters embracing their heritage, we wave a union flag and its a Nazi Rally.

They wave the flag of a foreign country, but no-one praises them for that. They praise themselves perhaps. But that's not celebrating their Catholic heritiage, it's celebrating their Irish heritage.

Similarly waving the union jack is not a celebration of a Protesant heritage. There are plenty of British Catholics, Anglicans, Methodists, Muslims, Jews, and even more Atheists.

I kind of agree with you here. Rangers were lambasted by many for their signing policy many years ago but I always got the impression that if the mhanks did this' date=' they would play the "upholding our culture" card. Much like Bilbao and their Basques only rule.[/quote']

Well the new one they hit us with is we don't sign anyone from the Republic.

Does anyone know when they broke their no Protestants on the board of Celtic?

A rule which ruled out giving their greatest manager a seat.

They wave the flag of a foreign country, but no-one praises them for that. They praise themselves perhaps. But that's not celebrating their Catholic heritiage, it's celebrating their Irish heritage.

Similarly waving the union jack is not a celebration of a Protesant heritage. There are plenty of British Catholics, Anglicans, Methodists, Muslims, Jews, and even more Atheists.

You really do stick your head in the sand don't you, I notice you never commented on our support being compared to a Nazi Rally.

I never used the word Catholic either but don't let that get in way of your point.

You really do stick your head in the sand don't you, I notice you never commented on our support being compared to a Nazi Rally.

I never used the word Catholic either but don't let that get in way of your point.

Post #139 you specifically said that Celtic celebrate their Catholic heritage so we should celebrate our Protestant one. That's what I replied to.

I never commented on "waving the Union Jack" being compared to a Nazi rally. What do you want me to say? Clearly, waving the Union Jack is not like a Nazi rally. Anyone who says it is is wrong.

Yeah, actually, I do think there are literally thousands of people out there who would support Rangers if we got our 'PR' right. This ties into the BBC bias thread too. Rangers have lost the support of many of the 'Protestant' middle classes in the West of Scotland, you might not care about that, but it has cost us dearly recently and will continue too in the future if we don't address it. Bringing out orange strips does not help do that in my opinion.

"Thousands" if we got our PR right??? Can you pass on my apologies and tell them we are trying our best. Can't wait to have them on board - the place will be jumping when they get here.

We've lost the middle classes??? Well whoop de fuckin do!! It shows me what fickle areseholes they are in the first place then if they can turn their back on us so easily. I'm from a very working class background in Glasgows East End. I've been fortunate enough to be successful in business and would probably be classed as at least middle class, but I would shoot down anyone in my presence who tried (as I have done many times in the past), because what the fuck is 'class' ??????? Brian Laudrup and Davie Cooper were class. Tonights Ryder Cup Winners were class. Rangers fans divided into classes??? Go fuck yourself you pompous pricks that even think like that. Ban me from this board if you like Admins but Rangers fans being divided into classses by pretentiously eloquent clowns on here is NOT the Rangers way. And while I'm at it, can you promote a 'get back to plain English' on here. While I can understand the big fancy words our 'eloquent' posters on here love to use to show how academic they are, they are well aware that it is not the 'common' language of the football fan and they should make more effort. After all they are discussing the working classes sport!

We sing a song about 4 boys who had a dream and "they had no money or even a ball". And you speak of middle classes who will only come if we get our PR right. MAKES ME SICK TO THE STOMACH!!

Edited by Anchorman

"Thousands" if we got our PR right??? Can you pass on my apologies and tell them we are trying our best. Can't wait to have them on board - the place will be jumping when they get here.

We've lost the middle classes??? Well whoop de fuckin do!! It shows me what fickle areseholes they are in the first place then if they can turn their back on us so easily. I'm from a very working class background in Glasgows East End. I've been fortunate enough to be successful in business and would probably be classed as at least middle class, but I would shoot down anyone in my presence who tried (as I have done many times in the past), because what the fuck is 'class' ??????? Brian Laudrup and Davie Cooper were class. Tonights Ryder Cup Winners were class. Rangers fans divided into classes??? Go fuck yourself you pompous pricks that even think like that. Ban me from this board if you like Admins but Rangers fans being divided into classses by pretentiously eloquent clowns on here is NOT the Rangers way. And while I'm at it, can you promote a 'get back to plain English' on here. While I can understand the big fancy words our 'eloguent' posters on here love to use to show how academic they are, they are well aware that it is not the 'common' language of the football fan and they should make more effort. After all they are discussing the working classes sport!

We sing a song about 4 boys who had a dream and "they had no money or even a ball". And you speak of middle classes who will only come if we get our PR right. MAKES ME SICK TO THE STOMACH!!

David Murray and Martin Bain would be creaming themselves at some of the stuff in this thread.