Slightly concerned about feedback from Green's NI trip

born n bred glaswegian

i also asked for an orange jersey:uk::uk::uk::uk:

Where you're from is not really point? The poster asked why I associate an orange strip with a religious organisation? I merely asked why certain fans (using the NI fans as an example) are asking for an orange strip and not a yellow, pink or aubergine strip..oh wait, we've had that.

I'll ask you the same question. Why would you want a orange strip above our traditional colours?

Where you're from is not really point? The poster asked why I associate an orange strip with a religious organisation? I merely asked why certain fans (using the NI fans as an example) are asking for an orange strip and not a yellow' date=' pink or aubergine strip..oh wait, we've had that.

I'll ask you the same question. Why would you want a orange strip above our traditional colours?[/quote']

it really is a fantastic colour

simple

Ok then why did the fans in NI asked specifically for an orange strip? Why not pink? Why not yellow? Why not green? The colour of their countries strip?

You know why they asked for it, it's in their culture, their total way of life, its in their blood and enough of it has been spilled so they can keep it. A lot of it for your benefit in both world wars I may add, you do know the colour comes from a flower and not some bigots warped mind just to upset the Catholics as some would have us believe.

Your the one asking us to forget all that other stuff and be true to Rangers I'm asking you what that is?

As for Manchester your missing the point 10 guys out of 250,000 and we are a disgrace, plane loads held in pens at the airport and they get a Fan Award. We all talk about PR well PR doesn't just help with the good bits we do, it also helps when a few idiots f%*k up, it tells the public look this isn't who we are. It works for them but we would rather shout ok we are scum but please can't you just like us anyway.

I'm not asking YOU to forget that but do the club have to endorse it? Historically, Spurs derive many of their fans from the Jewish communities in North London but do they openly endorse this by bring out strips in the star of david colours? Do they have a photo or their local rabbi in the changing room? Doubt it.

With regards to Manchester, it was more than 10 guys mate. Anyway whether it was 1, 100, 1000 it did major damage to our clubs reputation

Edited by Max Rebo's Big Blue Nose

Stay true to Rangers? What is that by the way.

For any Ulster Bears who read this thread I apologise for the slating you seem be getting, because you want to sport your team your way and not somebodies PC version set up not to offend anybody and be liked by all. As far as this bear is concerned you are more than welcome and long my you keep coming, as the say goes who needs enemies when you've got friends like these.

Always thought the we must be loved mantra was just a thing the Mhanks did, it seems to be spreading across the city hopefully it will be a limited outbreak.

And I would second that.

Its not often Im ashamed at any threads on a Rangers forum....but this one managed it.

Ok then why did the fans in NI asked specifically for an orange strip? Why not pink? Why not yellow? Why not green? The colour of their countries strip?

This.

C'mon Bluedell, Northern Irish Rangers supporters asking for an orange strip, you don't think they are making a connection, however tacit?

You know why they asked for it, it's in their culture, their total way of life, its in their blood and enough of it has been spilled so they can keep it. A lot of it for your benefit in both world wars I may add, you do know the colour comes from a flower and not some bigots warped mind just to upset the Catholics as some would have us believe.

Why bring the wars into it? Many people made sacrifices in these wars from all faiths and denominations so I won't blindly agree with something based on that emotive point.

Where it comes from genuinely means nowt to me TBH. I spend little time thinking about NI, Ireland and religion at all.