Slightly concerned about feedback from Green's NI trip

I would love to see an Orange strip being introduced again, would be a good financial income if done properly and maybe if they asked fans what style etc they would like. If you don't like it don't buy it.

Sssshhhh mate if you keep asking for an Orange strip the bigot police will come and take you away.

I really despair with our support it seems the continual media propaganda against us has worked on some, I'm finished with this thread because unlike some on here I really comfortable with my past, my present, and my future. I will not hide from my heritage or the history of my club because somebody tells me it's not the flavour of the month and it might offend somebody, on that planet that makes them a bigot not me.

As for the we must improve or PR Brigade, really why do you feel the need to be liked so much? My family love me and I've got some great mates, I also have hundreds of thousands of strangers who when they find out I'm a bear will treat me like an old friend and sit and talk about the greatest club in the world as if we've known each other all our lives. That is the only friends I need.

As for the rest who will spit on me and call me a Hun, who will sneer at my kids for wearing their colours, they can go f#*k themselves I don't want or ever will want to be your friend. I'm better than you, always have been always will be, I just wish some of my fellow Bears woke and realised this instead of pandering to the idiots.

I'm sure I'll get the usual but the " No one likes us we don't care attitude" is all wrong from the usual suspects and its not good enough blah de blah de blah. As the saying goes I really really don't care so don't bother.

WATP.

If it makes me a coward in YOUR book I will live with that.

Lack of class? If you mean lack of class snobbery, then I can also MOST CERTAINLY live with that.

My comment about 'plain English' wasn't aimed at you, as it was a general statement, but if the cap fits and all that. It is something close to my heart at the moment as I have been involved in a number of commercial conferences taking place on the very subject. In general it discusses what the need is for people to use overly eloborate language in an environment where it's not always welcome or suited (it is a fact that it is often a barrier to open discussion as some people feel intimidated by it, which may be the purpose in some cases e.g. George Galloway. Certain people use it to mask their own insecurities). I stand by it. It doesn't intimidate or impress me. I choose not to do it because I would rather leave debates open to all people, regardless of their academic background, rather than take the chance that some people won't engage as they feel a bit intimidated. Personal choice for everyone of course.

If you want badly written drivel there are plenty of other down wit da street boards which can meet that need.

Edited by andy steel

Sssshhhh mate if you keep asking for an Orange strip the bigot police will come and take you away.

I really despair with our support it seems the continual media propaganda against us has worked on some, I'm finished with this thread because unlike some on here I really comfortable with my past, my present, and my future. I will not hide from my heritage or the history of my club because somebody tells me it's not the flavour of the month and it might offend somebody, on that planet that makes them a bigot not me.

As for the we must improve or PR Brigade, really why do you feel the need to be liked so much? My family love me and I've got some great mates, I also have hundreds of thousands of strangers who when they find out I'm a bear will treat me like an old friend and sit and talk about the greatest club in the world as if we've known each other all our lives. That is the only friends I need.

As for the rest who will spit on me and call me a Hun, who will sneer at my kids for wearing their colours, they can go f#*k themselves I don't want or ever will want to be your friend. I'm better than you, always have been always will be, I just wish some of my fellow Bears woke and realised this instead of pandering to the idiots.

I'm sure I'll get the usual but the " No one likes us we don't care attitude" is all wrong from the usual suspects and its not good enough blah de blah de blah. As the saying goes I really really don't care so don't bother.

WATP.

Ffs Allan...why do you think I give a shit about anyone other than Rangers and Rangers fans? It is about how I, me, Andy Steel, fat lad in Johnstone, perceives Rangers and what they stand for. This continual ignoring of what people say in order to invent some great mass of people, all desperate not to offend timmy is nuts!

If you want badly written drivel there are plenty of other boards which can meet that need.

And there in a nutshell is the problem with this thread, some on here coming very close to calling Rangers Fans bigots because they want an Orange Top and should bugger off to the other bigots in the working class sites.

Hang your heads in shame the lot of you, this place has just dropped a little in my estimations over the course of this thread.

That's probably the way the Protestants (not least in Ulster) see this. On a broader context, it was one of many battles for supremacy with regards to European leadership and kingship, intelligently guised under a religious flag. Fending off the Armada, beating Napoleon at Waterloo or Trafalgar, fending of Hitler's army ... those were "most important points in British history". It is always somewhat - and no disrespect whatsoever - amusing to see "us" celebrating the 1690 battle as something of utmost importance, while decrying what is celebrated in Flower of Scotland, i.e. the Battle of Bannockburn. When the theme of both was the fight for independence from a "foreign" oppressor (though William of Orange was sure no Briton). The misconceptions run deep here and there is generally no will to accept what is well documented.

Again, I doubt many have a problem with any of the Hooped Horrors' faux Irishness, their celebration of their Irish roots, even their Catholic roots. What almost all take offence with is their anti-Britishness and their open celebration of such things as well as terrorist groups, people and acts of the past. In that respect it beggars belief that society in Scotland chases us for bigotry and whatnot for essentially nothing but celebrating being loyalist, royalist, British and at times Protestant (to each his/her own), while they let open anti-British sentiment go unchallenged. As long as we are compared to this terrorist-loving scum on the same level, we are on a loosing side. Thus, we as a support and a club should make it very clear what we support and why. And if there's a orange shirt, we should make certain to tell people why it is being done and make sure that any press hack decrying this is made to pay.

Great post dB.

I'm glad others can see the hypocrisy of decrying tims and tartan army for their expressions of pride about irrelevant historical events and politics whilst doing exactly the same except with Protestantism, Loyalism and the Orange Order. At best it's misguided and at worst it's deluded. The same people will say wanting an Orange strip is nothing to do with any of those things but quickly adopt it as a weapon to "get it right up the tims" when it's released.

If we are to really "move on" as has been suggested a few times in this thread then maybe we should look at what The Rangers Football Club is really about and less of what some fans would like it to be. The Gallant Pioneers didn't set up a football club for Proddies, Loyalists and Orangemen. The fact that Celtic was set up FOR Catholics and Republicans is their problem.

And there in a nutshell is the problem with this thread, some on here coming very close to calling Rangers Fans bigots because they want an Orange Top and should bugger off to the other bigots in the working class sites.

I didn't know there was a class structure in Rangers boards. If someone could explain it to me, I would be egregiously platitudinous in their direction for a considerable series of twelvemonths.

edit: I misread GovanAllan's post, apologies.

Edited by andy steel

Ffs Allan...why do you think I give a shit about anyone other than Rangers and Rangers fans? It is about how I, me, Andy Steel, fat lad in Johnstone, perceives Rangers and what they stand for. This continual ignoring of what people say in order to invent some great mass of people, all desperate not to offend timmy is nuts!

I'm finished with this mate I've had enough with everybody on gods earth telling me, me and mine we are the scum of the earth without having to come on here and listen to the same shit because somebody asked for an Orange top ffs.

Well, that's a fairly major misreading of my post.

Anchorman had a pop at those posters who like to write in flowery language, a category in which I'd certainly include myself. Having dropped into RM once or twice over the last year, that is not an accusation you could level at it; hence the suggestion to frequent places like it. It hardly means you can't use Gersnet, either, mind.

I didn't know there was a class structure in Rangers boards. If someone could explain it to me, I would be egregiously platitudinous in their direction for a considerable span of time.

Wasn't aimed directly at you Andy, just had enough of being told what I should think when it comes to my club without some on here trying to do the same.

As I said I'm finished with this thread it's going round in circles and people are going to seriously fall out over it, if you want to talk more PM me.

I'd have to say that is a massive over reaction to other people's opinions. You know as well as I do that Orangeism arouses wildly different passions around here, so there's bound to be clashes.

But you know, fair enough if you've had enough. I get that way many times on certain subjects. You feel there's not much point trying.

Hang your heads in shame the lot of you, this place has just dropped a little in my estimations over the course of this thread.

Its very disappointing indeed GA.

In particular I find a prevailing attitude expressed throughout that the OO = sectarian particularly disappointing.