Slightly concerned about feedback from Green's NI trip

Not the colour. The context of the colour. 2 completely different things

Any context is made up by the eternally offended and those who love nothing more than to sling mud at Rangers.

I'm actually holding back from angrier words here, after all we went through for six months where not having a club at all was a valid possibility and you really want to walk away over something like this? You should be ashamed to call yourself a supporter of this club frankly.

Any context is made up by the eternally offended and those who love nothing more than to sling mud at Rangers.

I'm actually holding back from angrier words here, after all we went through for six months where not having a club at all was a valid possibility and you really want to walk away over something like this? You should be ashamed to call yourself a supporter of this club frankly.

How is the context made up by the eternally offended? There will be plenty of Gers fans who will be dissapointed at the thought of orange strip. FFS if we bring out at orange strip to pander to a section of our fans and in turn isolate others maybe we deserve some mud slung at us.

As far the second part... can you provide a link on how to be a suuporter of Rangers? I will always be a Rangers fan but I don't do that in a blind vacuum mate.

I think it is a big deal Zappa. IMO we have a chance to move on from what I regard as unwanted baggage that has been attached to our club. Bringing out an orange strip is utterly depressing and is taking us back' date=' not forward[/quote']

There's nothing depressing about the colour orange. It's literally the happiest colour in the spectrum! :)

How is the context made up by the eternally offended? There will be plenty of Gers fans who will be dissapointed at the thought of orange strip. FFS if we bring out at orange strip to pander to a section of our fans and in turn isolate others maybe we deserve some mud slung at us.

As far the second part... can you provide a link on how to be a suuporter of Rangers? I will always be a Rangers fan but I don't do that in a blind vacuum mate.

It's not pandering, it's a colour, I didn't realise we had set rules on what colours the strips could be. The ones who bring religion into it are the eternally offended, and frankly fuck the lot of them. Despite all the dignified silences and pandering to these people they did their very best to kill us.

Don't need to provide any links, Ally made it clear in February that 'we don't do walking away' yet here you are talking about walking away simply because you think after all this time we should still be doing all we can to keep the East End lot happy.

If this forum wasn't so strict on abuse i'd be saying much more, a yahoo on the wind up couldn't be putting this any better (not saying you necessarily are).

Look Max, you must have known what you were in for when you started this thread...I'm afraid that lots of Rangers fans do see the club as an extension of their 'political' views and a whole lot more besides. Like it or not that's a big part of our history and it ain't goin away. You can push your side of the argument in any sensible way you like, but in the end, a rangers forum isn't really the place for this argument. It just ends with people questioning your loyalty, even on gersnet.

For what it's worth though I'm with you. An orange strip would be the sort of marketing we laugh at them for. That's not to say I'm ignoring the clubs historical and cultural links with NI, which certainly exist. I care about how the club is perceived and I think CG is doing just fine getting it up our detractors without pandering. Make no mistake, an orange strip would be a PR disaster when all I hear on forums is that we need better PR like they have. I hope this was one of his moonbeams.

It's not pandering, it's a colour, I didn't realise we had set rules on what colours the strips could be. The ones who bring religion into it are the eternally offended, and frankly fuck the lot of them. Despite all the dignified silences and pandering to these people they did their very best to kill us.

Don't need to provide any links, Ally made it clear in February that 'we don't do walking away' yet here you are talking about walking away simply because you think after all this time we should still be doing all we can to keep the East End lot happy.

If this forum wasn't so strict on abuse i'd be saying much more, a yahoo on the wind up couldn't be putting this any better (not saying you necessarily are).

Sorry but what have the East End lot got to do with this? This isn't about keeping them or anyone else happy. There are plenty of Rangers who wouldn't want an Orange stripe and I'm sure their reasoning is not based on being PC. Maybe they take offence at their club being associated with the OO just to flog strips? As no matter how many times people dress this up, that's why we are doing this?

And for the record, I'm not a yahoo. I just want to our club to move on various fronts and IMO this is taking us back. Way back

Just saw the details from Charles Green's trip to NI and there are a few questions that I find slightly concerning. For example...

Q3: Would Rangers consider bringing out an Orange Top ?

C.G: "Yes' date=' they have a number of designs and are coming near agreement with Adidas"[/b']

As much as I understand Rangers derive many fans from NI and most of them are from a Protestant persuasion, I feel that an orange strip would be a direct reference to the Orange Order. I also feel it panders to a certain section of our fans and in turn alienates others and I would find that very dissapointing. What has orange got to do with Rangers FOOTBALL club? Why not stick to our footballing roots and have a white strip with blue star or a black and red strip? I know Charles Green is here to make cash from Rangers but I for one would be very dissapointed if he went down this road

Can I ask you a question (and there is a very valid reason I ask which I will follow up with)? Were you ashamed at the 2000 Cup Final when the Rangers end at Hampden was all orange in tribute to the Dutch management team? And before you tell me what was behind that theme - please don't. I will tell you what was behind that day - official version (ask Iain King - Rangers News Chief editor at that time - NOT orange order). Were you ashamed when Rangers FC asked for the shelves of the Rangers shops to be quite literally emptied to make way for orange Dutch replica tops and orange memorabillia that made Rangers more than£300,000? I can tell you Rangers were close to the biggest shirt seller in Scottish history as the sponsors waited to see what the public perception would be towards a fan based driven orange day. Rangers and the shirt sponsors had been inundated for requests for an orange top the world over and were nervous about taking the plunge. The sponsors were desperate to do it as it had the potential to break all records. We allowed the press and our enemies to beat us down and the sponsors ran for cover. In fact i will tell you why it annoys me all the more - get a hold of the Rangers Monthly issue 22 page 4 and you will find that day was the idea of an 11 year old kid, backed by his father, with the help of Iain King. So take your orange strip = Orange Order, put it on your wall with everything else we've given in to. Your whole point is based around getting rid of everything that is not related to FOOTBALL. Rangers history is steeped upon an identity that is married to a social working class demographic. For you to suggest otherwise is naive in the extreme!

Look Max, you must have known what you were in for when you started this thread...I'm afraid that lots of Rangers fans do see the club as an extension of their 'political' views and a whole lot more besides. Like it or not that's a big part of our history and it ain't goin away. You can push your side of the argument in any sensible way you like, but in the end, a rangers forum isn't really the place for this argument. It just ends with people questioning your loyalty, even on gersnet.

For what it's worth though I'm with you. An orange strip would be the sort of marketing we laugh at them for. That's not to say I'm ignoring the clubs historical and cultural links with NI, which certainly exist. I care about how the club is perceived and I think CG is doing just fine getting it up our detractors without pandering. Make no mistake, an orange strip would be a PR disaster when all I hear on forums is that we need better PR like they have. I hope this was one of his moonbeams.

Fair doos but for me this is best place to chat about our club with balance and different POV. At least we can chat about it on here. Other sites are no no TBH

I totally agree with you regarding an orange strip being a PR disaster