'Unified Supporters Platform'

There are quite a few things I could say here but sometimes it's better to say little or nothing. Suffice to say that the amount of back-tracking in the last couple of weeks is astonishing. As for the endorsements of the latest statement, at least two of the 'organisations' are one man bands. They would have been as well adding Joe Bloggs.

That isn't true BD. Our original rep was a lady called Jane Gotts. Mark replaced her and this was agreed by the Board - way before your time.

I take it you mean BH not BD, PLG.

Thank you for correcting me on the history but I attended three successive AGM's of the RST and all the Board Meetings from Sep 09 to Apr 10 and it is a fact that Mr Dingwall's appointment to this position was never discussed. Of course it is possible that his appoinment was in perpetuity.

I take it you are not challenging my statement that "At one point I secured agreement from Andy Kerr that we be allowed a second rep with visitor status and he invited me to attend as Secretary of RST but this was over-ruled." or the information about the RST reps.

I take it you mean BH not BD, PLG.

Thank you for correcting me on the history but I attended three successive AGM's of the RST and all the Board Meetings from Sep 09 to Apr 10 and it is a fact that Mr Dingwall's appointment to this position was never discussed. Of course it is possible that his appoinment was in perpetuity.

I take it you are not challenging my statement that "At one point I secured agreement from Andy Kerr that we be allowed a second rep with visitor status and he invited me to attend as Secretary of RST but this was over-ruled." or the information about the RST reps.

Yes, apologies for the error, I did indeed mean BH. Mark's appointment (if you want to call it that) wasn't for a set period, it is ongoing. The Assembly hasn't met since February so I'm not sure what's going on there. I agree with your statement on the Association reps and hopefully the new member will be able to contribute more. I've been to quite a few Assembly meetings so I'm not sure what the problem was with you going.

Yes, apologies for the error, I did indeed mean BH. Mark's appointment (if you want to call it that) wasn't for a set period, it is ongoing. The Assembly hasn't met since February so I'm not sure what's going on there. I agree with your statement on the Association reps and hopefully the new member will be able to contribute more. I've been to quite a few Assembly meetings so I'm not sure what the problem was with you going.

Appointment or not it is generally regarded in committee circles, especially those under the auspices of the deeply principled SD, that whilst "ongoing" appointments might not be against the rules they are unsafe and to be avoided. Now that I am thinking about it I do recall that the second position was to be rotated. Perhaps I was considered unsuitable as I might not toe the party line.

PS: As a matter of curiosity, do you have some kind of system that alerts you to every post that mentions RST?

Appointment or not it is generally regarded in committee circles, especially those under the auspices of the deeply principled SD, that whilst "ongoing" appointments might not be against the rules they are unsafe and to be avoided. Now that I am thinking about it I do recall that the second position was to be rotated. Perhaps I was considered unsuitable as I might not toe the party line.

Believe me, somebody did you a favour.

PS: As a matter of curiosity, do you have some kind of system that alerts you to every post that mentions RST?

Yes I have but it's a secret. If I told you I'd have to kill you.:eek:

plgsarmy is a regular visitor and presumably a regular reader on the forum.

Believe me, somebody did you a favour.
and we all know who that somebody was, don't we.

Yes I have but it's a secret. If I told you I'd have to kill you.:eek:

That's quite all right, please don't get in trouble on my account.

And I'll save you by saying it "no trouble at all".