Charles Green and Co met the fans at Ibrox

Having seen some of the points I think if he can deliver even half of them he will be doing well. The naming rights to Ibrox is absolutely fine with me. At the end of the day everyone will still call it Ibrox anyway in the same way Newcastle fans still call it St James Park rather than the Sports Direct Arena.

Thanks sir. I'm not a salesman, but to me using the hypothetical situation of using Apple is a clever move as a high % of Bears will think that Apple are interested. Therefor giving CG a bit more positive PR

Is that a good assumption?

Can't stand Apple so it would be negative PR for me... Don't want them near the club.

Fans Meeting With Charles Green At Ibrox

• printButton.png
  • emailButton.png

Details Published on Friday, 05 October 2012 02:16 Written by croatianbicycles

wv27rangers_200_200.jpg© Willie Vass

CHARLES Green, Brian Stockbridge and Imran Ahmad last night met several Scottish-based representatives from the Rangers community at Ibrox. The trio gave a presentation to the assembled delegates.

GREEN discussed several issues, including how he came about being involved in the consortium.

Ahmad approached Green in February as Zeus were thinking about putting a deal together. Initially Green said no, but then looked at it and between them and they started putting a team together to takeover Rangers. They asked some investors to put some money in with very little details, and they showed this money to Duff & Phelp who then started to take them seriously. Over the next few months and the consortium paid £250k deposit, a total of £5.5M for the club and gave D&P another £500k to help pay the wages for May.

It was also made clear that the club owns the Ibrox and the training complex at Auchenhowie 100%, again threw out allegations of Whyte’s involvement.

Green mentioned the treatment from other clubs and the Scottish Football Association:

• UEFA meeting and no club could believe what had happened to us and treatment by SFA. One club commented that they had been bribing referees and did not get treated that badly.
  • Green said only 5 clubs wanted to kick us out of SPL, with another 5 wanting to abstain. We asked them to stop passing buck and make a decision, and the other 5 reluctantly voted against.

Green then went onto outline his future plans for the club. These included:

• The owners want to get more non-exec directors on board for good governance. No single investor will be allowed more than 10%.
  • Over 5 million worldwide fan base: wants to include them all much better than before.
  • Green has agreed a deal to buy Edmiston House from Murray. This will see the Ticket office moving to where superstore is now. The Megastore will move to bottom 2 floors of Edmiston House. The upper floors are to be converted into a sports bar.
  • The club is committed to ensuring our merchandise is readily available in USA. Former Ibrox favourite Reyna is going to help us create academies in USA, and Bocanegra will join him once he hangs up his boots. The club believes the American market to be massive.
  • The Asian Market is well known to our investors. This Market is seen as the biggest upcoming market, Rangers are going to get involved in a big way. The club is currently looking at partners to develop brand/ tours etc.
  • As previously known the JJB deal terminated has been terminated and replaced by Sports Direct. Green wants to get back to 2005 levels of retail sales of £20M and profit of £5.6M per annum. The new deal with Sports Direct will help us do this. The club has been talking to Adidas, Puma and Nike about taking over Umbro deal which has been terminated, an announcement is expected soon! Puma are probably the favourites due to connections with Sports Direct.
  • The club believes media rights are going to be huge over next decade, i.e TV migrating to web. Rangers are in talks with TV and tech companies. It is expected that media income alone will reach £100M within 10 years. Looks at example of the Champions League final which generated £1.7B.
  • Green believes there will be a Euro league of sorts within a few years and that RFC will be a part of it, citing that the global fan base is too big to exclude us. Green also alluded to The Champions League which would be worth £20M income to club per season.
  • The Club are going to revalue property assets at more realistic £30-40M in next balance sheet. The players are worth £2M on the balance sheet.
  • We have a strong youth player base, in 3 years we will have 6 under 22 players with over 100 appearancess, this experience will stand club in good stead.
  • In January 2012 the wage bill was £30M per annum. It is now £6M per annum. Policy to bring in players on good wages (£20k pw) but not pay large fees we don't get back. Looking to bring in 10 players like that between now and top league return, making max wage bill of £16M per annum. Ally McCoist believes title winning squad achievable under that budget.

It seemed to be a very productive meeting for all concerned. A proper, 21st century football business model has been created, in my opinion it will put Rangers light-years ahead of every other Scottish club and closer to the “Global” football brands such as Man United, Chelsea and Real Madrid.

http://rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=978%3Afans-meeting-with-charles-green-at-ibrox&catid=102%3Afans&Itemid=530

Does anybody have an update on who's making our strips? Somebody said it was confirmed to be Adidas, is that the case? Anyway, I really loved our Umbro shirts over the years but getting some new designers on the case can never be wrong. I wouldn't be too enthusiastic about Puma just out of personal taste, I don't like their jerseys and numbers usually look goofy and funny. Quality certainly isn't the best as far is I've experienced.

As to the name rights for Ibrox, for some reason I can't see this as eased as everybody else here. Every Bundesliga club has sold the name rights to their stadiums a number of years ago, creating reavolting names like easy- credit - Stadion, HSH Nordbank Arena or Signal Iduna Park. Nobody continued to call the stadiums by their original names after a while. Ask any 15 year old who is fan of a Bundesliga club if they remember the the original name of the stadium their club plays in, none of them will. It certainly is a different issue with Ibrox I see, but selling a bit of history of this great club of ours to make a little profit is something I can hardly stomach. That is a bad call by CG to me.

[*]As previously known the JJB deal terminated has been terminated and replaced by Sports Direct. Green wants to get back to 2005 levels of retail sales of £20M and profit of £5.6M per annum.

Sales were only that high because we manufactured our own strip. He's havering, or showing a lack of understanding of our accounts if he is using that as a target. As for the profit that year it wasn't published but did it really jump from 20% in 2004 to 27% in 2005? Very doubtful.

he's an out and out patter merchant and little he says stands up to any scrutiny.

2 months ago he had someone to give us millions for naming ibrox now he's still trying to flog it. 3 weeks ago addidas were a week away from replacing real Madrid with us. now he's looking at puma.

I would urge people to judge him on what he delivers not his waffle.