Are we ready for the re naming of Ibrox?

Guest cail

We are so insular when it comes to this , the stadium where we play will always be IBROX to me ,however if some company wants to pay millions and in doing so we get better players on the park inside IBROX , then bring it on

I agree GA, investing money into infrastructure of the club and the team itself is crucial. I just don't believe there is no other way to earn that money, renaming your stadium is the last straw to so when everything else has failed in my book. Desperate times call for desperate measures I understand, but won't moving up through the leagues generate additional income, do we really need this extra bit?

It will increase but so will your wage bill as you have to keep the team together, add better players at the next window and all that will cost money. It's a bitter pill to swallow but we've swallowed a lot in the last 6 months.

Exactly we've swallowed a lot. That is why I think renaming Ibrox is too much to ask for. The money would be very appreciated as it always is, but it comes at an exorbitantly high prize. Anyway I think if things unfold like Ally said and fans will be asked whether or not they want this, I predict a majority being in favour for renaming. Which is a pity.

As long as there is no dire need to rename Ibrox or gather money for doing so, I would object. We've got investors in and more coming, we've got season tickets, we've got strip money, we'll have a share issue ... IMHO, renaming Ibrox is not required anytime soon.

As long as there is no dire need to rename Ibrox or gather money for doing so, I would object. We've got investors in and more coming, we've got season tickets, we've got strip money, we'll have a share issue ... IMHO, renaming Ibrox is not required anytime soon.

That is what I meant, this has to be seen as the last holy cow to slaughter when nothing else has worked.

which begs the question, why is it being considered.

I do, or it'll go towards running the club which then frees up money for the future.

The transfer embargo only lasts till the start of next September.

and then there isnt a window to spend money until the january after. no need for the money now. we have funds for running the club. we dont need to sell off our stadium name. we shouldnt need the money. no way will we bring in tens of millions now and have it sit in a bank account until a year in january, not a chance.

You're being a bit extreme there, considering Cardiff's owners rebranded their colours and badge.

Yeah true, but where's the limit in this? For every club where this has happened, in Austria for instance, things started with a change of stadium name and worked it's way onwards from there. Now they got teams who are called company names instead of FC or SV with coorporations logos included in their badges. This is absolute horror.