Any interesting news from last night's RST AGM with Charles G in da house?

He also said previous shareholders. I'm not sure just what he means by supporters groups, there is only one who could give him the names and addresses of their members.

I think you're fishing! :fish:

Our biggest problem is the support is so fragmented. We need to be more together but because of politics, past goings on, inflated egos and petty bickering we get nowhere.

As a support we need a say in the running of the club, even if we're not fully supporter owned, and that say has to be democratically elected by the support.

One thing that was mentioned at the meeting was the fact that individual shareholders got screwed with what happened, but if individual shareholders had their share through an umbrella body we could have held Whyte more to account.

Greens doing a great job just now on the PR front by standing up for us and making the right noises, but people were similarly convinced by Whyte. I don't believe Green has anything but good intentions for the club, but we do need a coordinated approach to hold him to account.

Edited by bigy

Our biggest problem is the support is so fragmented. We need to be more together but because of politics, past goings on, inflated egos and petty bickering we get nowhere.

As a support we need a say in the running of the club, even if we're not fully supporter owned, and that say has to be democratically elected by the support.

One thing that was mentioned at the meeting was the fact that individual shareholders got screwed with what happened, but if individual shareholders had their share through an umbrella body we could have held Whyte more to account.

Greens doing a great job just now on the PR front by standing up for us and making the right noises, but people were similarly convinced by Whyte. I don't believe Green has anything but good intentions for the club, but we do need a coordinated approach to hold him to account.

The problem I have (and no doubt others too) is my shares ergo my vote. In the case of Whyte it would not have made a blind bit of difference whatever structure held the shares he didn't control.

The problem I have (and no doubt others too) is my shares ergo my vote. In the case of Whyte it would not have made a blind bit of difference whatever structure held the shares he didn't control.

And that's where 'fund/s' become a real worry.

There's a dilema evolving here and it isn't an accidental one.....

Don't leave us all hanging, can you explain?

Not trying to answer for Zappa , but what I believe he is meaning , is that when large fund managers or say pension funds buy large blocks of shares , it leaves the small shareholder powerless , in much the same way we were under Murray when he held his 92% or what ever it was .

You are seeing it more in the news now a days when shareholders are trying to vote down salary/bonus increases for directors , the vast majority of the time the funds back the board

Other thing Green said that may interest some is that our wage bill is now £6m a year compared to. £30m last year. Used an example that if we added 10 players in £1m a year our bill would still be roughly half what it was.