Bill McMurdo's lates blog 6/10/12

Guest Lloret1972

Berwick in 1967 was the worst ever result and Le Guen the worst ever manager, that said I recall Scot Symon getting fired by old Lawrence whilst his team sat at the top of the First Divison.

Walter has to be brought back in an advisory capacity.

I don't think Walter would do that to Ally because it would undermine him and degrade him to the extent that Ally would have no choice other than to resign.

Besides, Ally already has Walter in an advisory capacity any time he wants him. They're friends.

Our worst result ever was v Berwick.

Back then, we were amongst the best sides in Europe (as shown by getting to the ECWC Final). Only a diddy would suggest the same these days.

Yesterday,however,was,i believe,one of our biggest embarrassments.

Yesterday,however,was,i believe,one of our biggest embarrassments.

Losing to a 3rd division club on their own patch was to be expected to happen at some point and will probably happen again this season.

Losing to a 3rd division club at Ibrox, now that would be an embarrassment.

How anyone can compare Berwick with yesterday is beyond me , far too many fans cannot seperate the Rangers of today and the Rangers of even last year, I blame the schools to be honest

Berwick in 1967 was the worst ever result and Le Guen the worst ever manager, that said I recall Scot Symon getting fired by old Lawrence whilst his team sat at the top of the First Divison.

Hopefully not we need to go down a new road and have new ideas. God help us if Walter Smith is the only one in the world that can manage our team.

Folk are complaining about the way we are playing, and how it hasn't changed for several years.....yet they still cry for Walter to return. If Walter were to return would he not continue playing the same way as he did before (which so many complain about). Doesn't make a lot of sense to me....

As Pete says....we need a fresh path to follow. We need a manager/coach with a clear vision on attractive football & how to effectively implement it. We need someone to come in and shove an almighty rocket up each and every 1st team members jacksy's....maybe then, they will start to get the results that this great club deserves.

Out of the 14 players from yesterday, the team contained 6 players with SPL & International experience, one with intermitent SPL experience, & some Champions League experience. Another 3 with regular 1st team experience in leagues better than SFL3, the other 4 being made up of some VERY promising youngsters. In total contributing to a wage bill of £6m....yet still can't beat the team sitting bottom of Scottish professional football.

The longer the manager takes to identify the root of our problems, the shooglier his coat peg is getting. Its all very well the coaching staff & players coming out & saying that they need to do better, and how disappointed they all are.....but they need to go out on a Saturday afternoon and prove it. The players need to show that they have the desire to play for Rangers, and the coaching staff need to show that they have the knowledge to guide them properly - neither are happening at the moment.

McCoist's status as a legend will never change, but it does risk being over shadowed by his apparent shortcomings as a manger.

Ally had a worse record after the same amount of games in charge as PLG