An Elitist Appeal for Good Manners

@ Craig ... I read your wish. I would not have done it carelessly, as I said. It does not happen that often here either, and sure not by myself. Furthermore, I did not do it because someone "simply" disagreed with my opinion. I stated what I think about fellow boarders on here and it does indeed take extreme stuff to actually get me on the act. Obviously, it seems that while e.g. McCoist can be ridiculed to the extreme by some, asking about these same people's incentives and likening the latter to what Hooped Horror would post is the more cardinal sin? Somewhat strange.

Anyway, I'll refrain from doing so again.

NB: Just in case, all previous and the current manager of our club get a fair share of criticism from me, usually on FF. Anyone who's a regular on there would know.

Edited by der Berliner

If Ally was thinking straight he would be looking to sign Boyd up on a short term contract as the splitting of the support would move away from Ally and onto Boyd.... ohhh, wait, illegal transfer embargo.....

He is out of favour at Portland and I think his contract runs out just about the same time as the embargo.

Edited by GovanAllan

@ Craig ... I read your wish. I would not have done it carelessly, as I said. It does not happen that often here either, and sure not by myself. Furthermore, I did not do it because someone "simply" disagreed with my opinion. I stated what I think about fellow boarders on here and it does indeed take extreme stuff to actually get me on the act. Obviously, it seems that while e.g. McCoist can be ridiculed to the extreme by some, asking about these same people's incentives and likening the latter to what Hooped Horror would post is the more cardinal sin? Somewhat strange.

Anyway, I'll refrain from doing so again.

NB: Just in case, all previous and the current manager of our club get a fair share of criticism from me, usually on FF. Anyone who's a regular on there would know.

Pray tell just who are these "Hopped Horrors" that you maintain post here?

I am totally amazed by this Thread. In no way do I think there is an elitist clique or a snobbery element going on here. Simplythebest, Why you think you will be banned amazes me and I will back Craig up in that at no time have you ever been discussed on the moderators forum. We ask for one simple thing. Even although you disagree with someone, have respect for the person, even although you totally disagree or have no respect with their meaning. Nobody gets banned here for having a different opinion. People get banned for disrespecting other posters. Thankfully they are few and far between.

I am totally amazed by this Thread. In no way do I think there is an elitist clique or a snobbery element going on here.

Pete, my take on this is that the 'elitist' comment was not aimed at certain posters (I can name names if you wish, I've no problem with that) as a form of insult. My impression is that it was aimed at those who fairly openly (in previous threads including this one) have alluded to the fact that they would like this to be some form of 'elitist' forum. And comments are often aimed at posters who despise this whole snobbery idea e.g. me, that we should go join some 'lower class' forums. I'm a bit longer in the tooth than most in here probably but this was never the Rangers way in my eyes and I personally despise all it stands for.