Malcolm Murray Statement

Surely it is absolutely appropriate to respond to an erroneous and misleading article which may affect future investment at our club' date=' notwithstanding to re-assure the fans ?[/quote']

It really depends how you look at because as forlanssister pointed out, the Chairman's statement on it has given birth to a legit reason for real mass media coverage of the article where there was none before the club commenting. It could also be argued that if MM or CG saw fit to comment on every "erroneous and misleading article" written about the club they'd be doing so almost every day at times.

It really depends how you look at because as forlanssister pointed out, the Chairman's statement on it has given birth to a legit reason for real mass media coverage of the article where there was none before the club commenting. It could also be argued that if MM or CG saw fit to comment on every "erroneous and misleading article" written about the club they'd be doing so almost every day at times.

Dunno ... Forbes is a magazine read all over the world. The "mass media" coverage is essentially just the Scottish media who do not exactly cater to "masses" beyond Scotland. And the latter would probably know by now what the agenda is with us, Whyte and the EBT stuff. Setting the agenda straight with a world-wide business audience sure ranks higher than the "masses" in Scotland, I would think.

Dunno ... Forbes is a magazine read all over the world. The "mass media" coverage is essentially just the Scottish media who do not exactly cater to "masses" beyond Scotland. And the latter would probably know by now what the agenda is with us, Whyte and the EBT stuff. Setting the agenda straight with a world-wide business audience sure ranks higher than the "masses" in Scotland, I would think.

I'm not so sure I agree because the article featured in a small section of Forbes (sportsmoney), a section which has over 40 article writers alone and the same audience/readership who read the original article won't all read the reply statement from our Chairman. Far from it. Not only that, but the article may not even be published in the magazine itself which would reduce the readership even further by limiting it purely to a small section of the website...

Malcolm Murray making a statement that gets picked up by the Scottish national press, BBC and no doubt Sky Sports too probably gives the Pritchett article a far wider audience than it was otherwise going to reach.

Anyway, I'm sure there was good reason for it. For example, sometimes any publicity is good publicity and in the case of a company who will shortly be floating shares, perhaps responding to a Forbes magazine article about Rangers was seen as an opportunity rather than something which needed to be done.