SPL has coped with loss of Rangers, says Neil Doncaster

Green is on record as saying we'll never play in it again while he's CEO.

Okay, he might not be here that long, but i don't think Rangers will ever accept an invite to the SPL. The league will need to be reformed.

I thought he said that it was being considered to reject promotion to the SPL?

I thought he said that it was being considered to reject promotion to the SPL?

He told the RST AGM that while he was CEO Rangers would never play in the SPL. He also said that reconstruction would be forced through in the near future so I doubt he expects it to be an issue.

It compensates 4 clubs, 4 out of 12. To say it compensates the SPL for the loss of Rangers is nonsense and IMO not a valid point. Im sure the other 8 clubs would disagree with Doncasters take on it.

It would be interesting to know if the sponsors and Sky sports would think it's a valid point.

Not sure if you're countering my point but I did add:

"However it only affects four clubs and the likelihood is that it will only benefit two clubs once one of the new teams is relegated."

There is a missing point is that the Highland teams could have had their derbys AND Rangers games had Rangers been voted to stay in. Dundee have benefited massively and the point about Dundee Utd stands.

When it comes to Celtic, Hearts and Aberdeen, they all thought their fans would compensate them for Rangers not being there but that's not really happening but they have it the way they want it. Celtic are compensated by an almost guaranteed title and taking up the one CL qualifying place. Hearts were banking on what they thought was guaranteed Europa cup.

That leaves four clubs who must be wondering what they voted for, plus Kilmarnock. But the fact is they were blackmailed by Celtic fans - and Kilmarnock may still suffer for that.

The problem for them was that to vote for Rangers staying meant guaranteed boycott from Celtic PLUS the possibility that Rangers would be voted out by the rest meaning they could lose THREE or FOUR OF home gates instead of one or two.

As it is instead of being guaranteed 3 OF home games with the possibility of 4, they are guaranteed 1 with the possibility of 2. Three bottom clubs will have their OF income cut to one third of its previous size...

Not your point I'm countering Cal, I was just a bit annoyed to read Doncaster yapping on a lot of shite about how the SPL is coping with the loss of Rangers, and to then claim the 2 mentioned derbys as compensating for that loss, when in truth only 4 clubs will benefit and as you said, next season that could be only 2 clubs.

In that respect I disagree that Doncasters point is valid, I agree with everything else you said. :)

Edited by TheWeeBlueDevil

Well, he's not going to come out and say all is rosy in the garden. Be honest, no-one has taken anything he's said seriously for a couple of years now, so why start now?

What would be interesting to see is how the likes of Pacific Quay are reacting to this. While previously they have treated Doncaster (live, on air) with thinly disguised contempt, I'd be willing to bet they received this statement in a far more positive light. The lying, the sucking up, the airbrushing of history, it's like an echo of Stalinst Russia. Fascinating but depressing.

There is a missing point is that the Highland teams could have had their derbys AND Rangers games had Rangers been voted to stay in. Dundee have benefited massively and the point about Dundee Utd stands.

Very good point which was missed by me and others I suspect..Doncaster obviously missed it too before he opened his gub.

Guest Bluenose80
'Dundee and Highland derbies compensating for the loss of Rangers'

How can anybody take this clown serious when he's spouting shite like that...

Tic toc

Rangers v Celtic or Ross County v Inverness there is no comparison

Guest Bluenose80

"People had the opportunity to walk away over the summer and chose not to. They've stuck with the league and that's important."

Two words Doncaster "Sellout Saturday" you asked them to back their teams and they didn't show. Not for the first time Doncaster has made a liar of himself.

Coping does'nt mean it's on firmer ground since they forced Rangers out.

It means we are getting by as best we can and would like it to be better than it is right now.

The longer we are away the more "the coping" will turn into a struggle to hold on hence the talk of reconstruction within a year and if CG is the man he claims to be we'll be no part of it.

Fool me once shame on you,fool me twice then shame on me.

I do believe we are holding an ace here.