SPL has coped with loss of Rangers, says Neil Doncaster

What would be interesting to see is how the likes of Pacific Quay are reacting to this. While previously they have treated Doncaster (live, on air) with thinly disguised contempt, I'd be willing to bet they received this statement in a far more positive light.

Pacific Quay wrote the article Ian posted in the OP and the photo of Doncaster sporting the smug grin while surrounded by green tubes (no laughing!) which Gribz posted in post #4 was the photo the BBC used above the article headline. Combine the article and the photo as it is on the beeb site and it paints a picture of just what message certain elements at Pacific Quay are trying to send out.... http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19904760

Of course, we shouldn't be surprised.

There's a commercial issue here that's being overlooked. The BBC pay to show the SPL highlights in Sportscene and online too as well as radio rights, it's in their interests to talk up the SPL. They are stakeholders in the SPL, they aren't impartial and as such this can't be taken all that seriously. Indeed as a publicly funded organisation someone somewhere should ask questions about that.

Maybe I am wrong, but didn't the SPL & SFA essentially coerced the SFL to hand them the TV rights for our games for that xm pay-off? Methinks we should make sure that next season the SFL shows some more bottle, sees what we bring to the SFL teams in term of money both in our division and possible also to the rest IF the SFL makes their own TV deals for our games with the respective TV stations.

As I said on this forum last night the SPL need the Rangers pound. When the SPL clubs wouldn't stand up to Liewell, Petrie & Thompson and voted us out the SPL they effectively prevented a quick return for us to the SPL as things currently stand. That will come back to haunt them because Doncaster is lying when he says they've kept all their financial backers. Clydesdale bank are offski at the end of this season for a start. What about the SKY contract which they won't discuss the fine details of ? is it true it's for one season only with the remainder dependent on viewing figures? (viewing figures at an all time low BTW).

As a result of their lacK of leadership (as Ally put it a couple of months ago)the SFA have a problem now in that they have created a SFL v SPL powerbattle in scottish football. The figures don't stack up well for the SPL (12) against the SFL (30).Not to mention that a handful of SPL clubs about to desert and join the SFL acc. to the excellent daily Bill McMURDO BLOG

Where this leads we shall see but the scottish football authorities ( except the SFL) have continuously sought confrontation with us over these past months. We must see this battle thro' til the bitter end. We will win in the end. We must persevere with CG at the helm and seek to eliminate & destroy the Regans, Doncasters,Lunnys & Liewells from their positions of power within scottish football.

Maybe I am wrong, but didn't the SPL & SFA essentially coerced the SFL to hand them the TV rights for our games for that xm pay-off? Methinks we should make sure that next season the SFL shows some more bottle, sees what we bring to the SFL teams in term of money both in our division and possible also to the rest IF the SFL makes their own TV deals for our games with the respective TV stations.

That is where I was angry with Green. As long as Rangers didn't agree to the TV deal we had them by the balls. Green should have held out for a few more weeks even past the start of the season. Lawell didn't do the TV deal for nothing, It was the most important point on the agenda. A chance wasted in my eyes.

As I said on this forum last night the SPL need the Rangers pound. When the SPL clubs wouldn't stand up to Liewell, Petrie & Thompson and voted us out the SPL they effectively prevented a quick return for us to the SPL as things currently stand. That will come back to haunt them because Doncaster is lying when he says they've kept all their financial backers. Clydesdale bank are offski at the end of this season for a start. What about the SKY contract which they won't discuss the fine details of ? is it true it's for one season only with the remainder dependent on viewing figures? (viewing figures at an all time low BTW).

As a result of their lacK of leadership (as Ally put it a couple of months ago)the SFA have a problem now in that they have created a SFL v SPL powerbattle in scottish football. The figures don't stack up well for the SPL (12) against the SFL (30).Not to mention that a handful of SPL clubs about to desert and join the SFL acc. to the excellent daily Bill McMURDO BLOG

Where this leads we shall see but the scottish football authorities ( except the SFL) have continuously sought confrontation with us over these past months. We must see this battle thro' til the bitter end. We will win in the end. We must persevere with CG at the helm and seek to eliminate & destroy the Regans, Doncasters,Lunnys & Liewells from their positions of power within scottish football.

It's hard to argue with your point Rab, but I fear for the long term benefits if it comes to a war between them & us. It's no way to plan for a successful future. Then again....they started it!

In a war I can't see what we have to lose - we're already in the 3rd division, it can't get any worse for us, but our fans are coping admirably. As for the SPL clubs, they are floundering and the only way is down if they fight us.

We have a 6m wage bill with 46k average support, we're in a strong position and entering any top flight league, be it in Scotland or Europe, we will immediately have cash to build a competitive squad. They tried to damage us, to weaken us, to even kill us and it's failed, but how quickly will most of the SPL clubs recover if they are damaged as a result? How many of them will die to never return?

They are also being weakened financially while their rivals in the SFL are getting a bonus from our fans, the danger to the SPL clubs is to be relegated and then be unable to compete to get back up there.

Rangers have a loyal following and will always be strong in the long run - even in the lowest league in the land. How many other SPL clubs would survive with that kind of punishment?

I think some of this will start to dawn on the smaller SPL clubs next season and they will be the ones coming cap in hand.

That is where I was angry with Green. As long as Rangers didn't agree to the TV deal we had them by the balls. Green should have held out for a few more weeks even past the start of the season. Lawell didn't do the TV deal for nothing, It was the most important point on the agenda. A chance wasted in my eyes.

We didn't agree the TV deal then we wouldn't be playing now. Was it not part of the deal which allowed us to play this season?

I don't think Green had much choice.