rhys mccabe ‏@rhysmccabe16

Just to clear this up for 3+ months now lawyers of mines have been coming to agreement with sevco and Wednesday for a compromise so there is

https://twitter.com/rhysmccabe16/status/258322865282240514

This is the true colours of him and the rest that walked out, anyone that would ever welcome them back at Ibrox is off their head.

They were told Rangers didn't exist at the time.

Now they believe the myth to make themselves feel better.

BTW he said this later.

rhys mccabe‏@rhysmccabe16

I'm sorry for referring RANGERS to sevco ! Been down here months now an dont know who and what had changed name etc apologise truly! Sorry

Edited by chilledbear

Why waste time and energy hating on the boy? Good luck to him, he took advice and left while the club was in deep turmoil. I'll never understand the mentality of personal abuse directed at ex-players. They're not fans.

It's a job to them.

Don't agree, being a football is NOT a job in any normal sense of the word. For evidence, just have a look at the antics of just about any footballer. Footballers only use the definition of "job" when it suits their agenda or bank balance.

If it IS a job, then part of that job is surely making sure you have good PR with the customers?

I have tried not to get too "involved" with players, for at the end of the day, they will leave the club for one reason or another. Some departures do leave a bitter taste in the mouth and I was obviously disappointed to see the likes of McGregor, Lafferty and Naismith vanish through the back-door, whereas Wallace, McCulloch, Bedoya and seasoned pros like Bocanegra waited and did the right thing - from a supporters point of view. Hardly anything would have changed to McGregor, Naismith or Lafferty had they signed on and left for obvious reasons after their contract's transfer to the newco. Oh wait, we might have demanded a transfer fee that Everton and Co. might not have been able to afford? Soton had enough money for Davis though? The acts of some of our former players were gutwrenching indeed, but from a purely business point of view (from their and their agent's perspective) fully reasonable. That does not quench the ire of the Bluenoses, not least if the likes of Naismith went on and on about their love for the club and its support.

Anyway ... they are history now and if they want to belong to our future again, they should make sure that they come back at our terms, not theirs. If I retain "eternal ire" at someone, it is the likes of Steven Pressley, groomed and raised to be a footballer by us, but playing for them and openly declare their delight.